Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Versus Battle '11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I might be interested in heading along to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

didnt have fun last time.
    Cant judge on running as i havent been to many but i didnt get any casuals and ended up standing and watching for ages , was good once off experience.

hotel we got was crap too. And terry wanted to sleep early and ryan was too scared to go out at night

all in all 5.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Too scared?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Placebo wrote: »
    Cant judge on running as i havent been to many but i didnt get any casuals and ended up standing and watching for ages , was good once off experience.

hotel we got was crap too. And terry wanted to sleep early and ryan was too scared to go out at night

all in all 5.5/10

Afraid to go out lol....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

He must have been afraid he would run into imstilldadaddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

bush wrote: »
    He must have been afraid he would run into imstilldadaddy

He was in his million pound house bruv

You talkin bare wet bare ocean bush?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well, maybe i'm alone but I enjoyed it. Won my group, got to play some class players. I actually beat one of the final 8 in casuals. Way above my skill level.

I enjoyed cheering on our lot when they played. Ry in groups springs to mind as great fun. :D

If I have the dosh, I'll go again. The lesson from last time is to make sure we are all in the same hotel. It's essential for Hotel casuals.

Thought it was good. 3s was godlike. Meeting all the heads was fun. Just the vibe of the whole thing was good. And yeah agreed with Kirby about the hotel thing, kind of all over the gaff

Will probably go this year, will see how money shapes up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

It would be cool this year if people could go on the same flight.
    You know, one at an appropriate time for everyone to go on.

Really was hoping for a central london location though. Zone 5 again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'd be up for going again but provided, like others have mentioned, we organise it better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 circle masher

Ramza wrote: »
    3s was godlike.
    Wasn't it. The French were so strong, and the comedy that the Salty Swedes brought was just so good. Just an all-round bunch of amazing players and people.

Don't know if I'm going yet this year, but if I do it'd be wicked to see you, dreddy and Placebo (YOU WANT TOURNEY REVENGE RIGHT AMIGO? ;)) and everyone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah I'd like to go again, have to make sure I have the funds etc. Definitely agreed about all staying in the one hotel this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Shall have to see how my funds progress, but I damn enjoyed Cannes so this might be for me :D

lol circle masher, definitely man ! il be sure to have my own stick this time :pac:

btw Ramza, i think you enjoyed more the buzz of 3s because of the players rather than what SVB themselves offered. I dont know how they can rely solely 100% on the entrants and not supervise the equipment. There was no standard, random crt tv's, ps2's of all sorts etc etc, it was just really un even and the seating arrangement and organizing left a lot to be desired.
    I've made the futurama mutants reference before

img-100903-futurama-mutantmovie-480_180822988690.jpg
    "hello, were the 3s players"

Inferno is run better than that, granted we have a single platform xbox, but were not a massive SVB ranking in major players and sponsors?

Just a thought. If they cant accommodate 'older' games properly then they shouldnt just for the sake of getting numbers in.

Yeah agreed Farz, the setup for 3s was a shambles indeed. I don't know why they would put a game on the list then give such poor organisation into it. We got ****ed over on the saturday evening after groups, I was told by staff members that top 8 placement matches were to be played now too on the evening. After groups I was waiting to play, was nervous, but then was told to go home.

Was crap. If they announce it this year I honestly hope they try better

I think it's safe to say, 3rd strike won't be a main game at it, unless it appears on xbox before hand, which is unlikely.

It'll be up to someone to run a side tourny most likely, but that's probably better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Placebo wrote: »

all in all 5.5/10

As with all things Farz says, don't pay any attention to it.

So you were not afraid to leave the hotel at night?
    liar.jpg

YO!

Resurrecting this, I can't control it.

I know everyone is most like in evo quals mode but just wondering if anyone has given this more thought?

As I'll be flying back from Finland around the time it's on I was thinking of heading home via London to head to this.

I might have to book my flight soon enough so it's not too expensive. Obviously we should get a hotel all together if possible and bring a console/s this year.

Last year wasn't mind blowing but it was still fun. We could definitely have a great time with some better planning. Perhaps have a proper night out or something this time too. Though it was surprisingly tiring being in that hall all day.

Anyways, thoughts?

i will have moved at this stage and should be in manchester at this stage, so might be willing if its cost effective

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

where will you be at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

There's a gig in London on the Friday night so I may as well go. I'll be gutted if I miss BB groups due to the concert though!

Sagat06 wrote: »
    where will you be at this stage?

lol, i shouldnt really be doing two this at once, 'at this stage'

3s won the vote for the final spot.

Hopefully oe is out by then.

Me again. I have to book my flights in the next 24 hours-ish.

So if anyone is a definite for this or is seriously considering it post up!

I plan on getting in to london on the 11th which is the thursday and staying till monday. There is a hotels thread up on neo empire where people are saying where they have booked. http://www.neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11208&page=3

I'm up for this, but I got burned last year with flights and hotels.

If interested parties could stay in one hotel, and we get flights that suit everyone, it'd lovely.

I check it up, i think its around £30 train ticket from me, from manchester to london, so i'm semi interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Hey Speedboat just so you're getting replies, I very much doubt I'll come to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm going to Italy and then Vegas. No way I'll be able to get the time off for SVB too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It looks like I will be in both Germany and France in August, I don't think SVB will happen :(

Advertisement