Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bjj gi

• 31-03-2011 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi just wondering does anyone know where I'd find a good jiu jitsu gi but not too expensive?and does anyone know anything about the sizes? ;-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Tattami Gi's are excellent value for money. Fast delivery too and no problems with customs.
    http://www.tatamifightwear.com/

What height and weight are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 KDavern

Thanks mate I'll check it out I'm about 5 11" and 185

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

KDavern wrote: »
    Thanks mate I'll check it out I'm about 5 11" and 185

I'd say you're closer to an A2 than an A3. Maybe first check with your club mates and try on some Jackets before ordering.

Tattami, Black Eagle and Faixa Rua are all Gi suppliers based in England. Prices would be similar in all three but do shop around. I have one of all three with Tattami being my favourite.

Thanks a mill,I'll look them up now,thanks for the link ;-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Agree on you being closer to A2. I wear an A3 and I'm a muscular 205lb at 5'10.

MMA Supplies based out in Swords sell Tatami stuff if you're in Dublin. Least they have it on their website!!

I've a Tatami Premier Estillo gi, first gi I've ever had, but I like it a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Hanley wrote: »
    I'm a muscular 205lb at 5'10.

asl?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

asl?

ILS?

Thanks Hanley,I'll look them up now

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Gorey_R

Ya, tatami are excellent. However, i'm 5'10 and about 185 and i got an a2 and it was just a little bit too small so i'd advise, if you can, try on another a2 tatami if possible. But you're probably in the same boat as me. A2 will be a little small and A3 will be a little big. My advice is try get a little bit fatter and fill out the A3.

Yea I suppose I'll just have to try some on before I buy one,I've been looking at the tatami gi and i think I'll get one of them,yea your the same weight as me.I was planning on getting fatter but can't now,I've to stay on a diet for abit ,I might end up getting too big for an a2. ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

If you're interested, we have our own brand gis in stock in the shop at our school (www.defendu.ie) just off the m50/m1, they're excellent quality, white and 85 euro.... we also have two 2nd hand gis in great condition for sale, an A3 Black Kikskin and an Addidas Blue 180.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

I'd say go for an A3 over an A2. If you take a look at the size chart on the websites it should be a good indication. I'm a little shorter than you and find my tatami A2 pants a bit short but they shrunk a bit because I'd to tumble dry it. I'd say go for the slightly bigger A3 and if it's too big you can shrink it to fit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Blue gi gone a new home with the OP!

Thanks everyone for the replies,I got a blue addidas gi,thanks MaeveD,all I have to do know is learn how to use it ;-) too use to nogi

Advertisement