Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice Please! Tips for selling DJ gear

• 31-03-2011 11:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭

I have some DJ gear to sell and I am sure my price will be right to sell to any straight up person. I live out in the sticks a bit and anyway I wouldn't want anybody checking out my house. Too paranoid of someone looking, saying no and then coming back and robbing the place or something. Sounds paranoid I know, maybe I listen to Liveline too much. So assuming after advertising and finding a genuine party, what options do I have.
    The person will want to check the stuff out obviously so we need to go somewhere. If I bring stuff to some unknown house and set it up there I am at a bit of a disadvantage if he starts haggling. Also even if I have a mate with me, the other guy could be a real scumbag and text his mates to come round and push us around. Anybody got any real practical advice or experience selling expensive stuff to Joe Unknown. I need to convert this stuff into cash and will be good and fair from my end but I don't want to lose my gear and have a bad experience. As I said, them coming to my house is not an option, so it looks like I would have to be the one delivering it. Also it would be a cash only transaction so advice on that also is welcome. Thanks so much, I need to get this figured out sooner rather than later.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

lol-cats-dont-look-behind-cat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gorilla_ie

Whats your address and i'll call around and give you advice !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Love the humour guys, send me your address and I'll post you the key. Seriously though, am I being too cautious? I lived in South America for a few years and I have to say since I came back I am maybe over the top with security etc. Plus the Liveline podcasts, jeez what has Joe done to me.

All that aside, nobody has an issue with rocking up to someone's house with all the gear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Celtic3x

when i sold my gear, he called to my place. see prob being ya need sockets an loads a them as ya no to well. so you really have no options..if it was some thing small can meet in public area etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Plus the Liveline podcasts, jeez what has Joe done to me.
    You download Liveline podcasts :eek:

• Advertisement

You download Liveline podcasts :eek:

Fish go deep podcast
    DJ Deep podcast

After that……umm…ehh…well yes, bit a Joe, Miriam, Ryan. Hector's ok though, right??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Fish go deep podcast
    DJ Deep podcast

After that……umm…ehh…well yes, bit a Joe, Miriam, Ryan. Hector's ok though, right??

wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'm the exact same OP. Don't let anyone near the house. Too much gear on show and showing someone the layout of a property is just too risky, especially with high value gear.

Anyone really interested won't have an issue with you demonstrating in their house, just bring a mate with you (They don't have to come in, just set a time limit). They arn't going to try push you around in their own house or a property they bring you too. Think about it, its too obvious and too easy to pin them. If your not comfortable doing that and depending on the rig size, I'm sure you could get a small conference room or hall in the locality. Will probably cost you though so I'd make sure the buyer is interested or willing to split the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Celtic3x

ironclaw wrote: »
    I'm the exact same OP. Don't let anyone near the house. Too much gear on show and showing someone the layout of a property is just too risky, especially with high value gear.

Anyone really interested won't have an issue with you demonstrating in their house, just bring a mate with you (They don't have to come in, just set a time limit). They arn't going to try push you around in their own house or a property they bring you too. Think about it, its too obvious and too easy to pin them. If your not comfortable doing that and depending on the rig size, I'm sure you could get a small conference room or hall in the locality. Will probably cost you though so I'd make sure the buyer is interested or willing to split the cost.

said what i was trying to say. good adv really. your in a rock an hard place. can you pm me what ya have. im more curious..at this point would not have the funds to go buy more gear.but might be able to spread the word for you if seen something mate might like.

ironclaw wrote: »

Yeah, makes sense, once you know where they live they are hardly gonna screw around. Thanks, just wanted to hear something from somebody else who's thinking straight. Cheers again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

My advice: Stop listening to Liveline. Seriously. Nothing to do with this. Just stop.
    Oh and yes you're being too paranoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Yeah, makes sense, once you know where they live they are hardly gonna screw around. Thanks, just wanted to hear something from somebody else who's thinking straight. Cheers again.

Yeah, your thinking straight. Now, people are entitled to do as they wish and if they want people over to view, thats fine. I never put a seller under pressure for me to come to them. But I insist on a demo and receipts if I don't meet them at their house.

At the end of the day, a genuine buyer won't mind.

Advertisement