Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hippo on the loose

Options
  • 01-04-2011 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just reading on Twitter that the circus that is setting up around Balbriggan have an escaped hippo on the loose!!!

Allegedly last seen around Blakes Cross, best be careful, hippo's are mad!

Gardai are on the lookout for it so it would seem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I was wondering what that was.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Quick question? What in the blue 'you know what' would a circus be wanting a hippo for? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Is it a trendy Opottomus ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Really or are you messing.Thats mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

A neighbour who is a Garda in Swords texted Mrs Billy about this last night. Crazy stuff. No doubt the ISPCA will have something to say about this.

• Advertisement

Thanks OP for posting, I just txt my brother and told him to be aware.My daughter and her friends are going to keep an eye out for it on the way to school.I hope Fingal coco look into this.:mad:
    Its a good job you posted as she wouldnt belive me till I showed her this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Hippos and Circus acts don't really end well.

153660.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Fortunately I'm not a dwarf, but funnily enough I did hear some strange noises as I was cycling along the Lusk by-pass this morning. I thought it was just the wind playing games with my hearing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

cathy01 wrote: »
    Thanks OP for posting, I just txt my brother and told him to be aware.My daughter and her friends are going to keep an eye out for it on the way to school.I hope Fingal coco look into this.:mad:
    Its a good job you posted as she wouldnt belive me till I showed her this thread.

Best not leave the house today cathy..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I've seen many a hippo out power walking on the Harry Renyolds Rd in Balbriggan since the hour went forward.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

sNarah wrote: »
    Hi guys, just reading on Twitter that the circus that is setting up around Balbriggan have an escaped hippo on the loose!!!

Allegedly last seen aroundBlakes Cross, best be careful, hippo's are mad!

Gardai are on the lookout for it so it would seem.
    Beasty wrote: »
    Fortunately I'm not a dwarf, but funnily enough I did hear some strange noises as I was cycling along the Lusk by-pass this morning. I thought it was just the wind playing games with my hearing...

Maybe mistaken identity??

My friends two daughters checked evry garden on the way to school today , just in case.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Well it can't have gone far - it'd never fit on the bus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

No no, t is true, just unfortunate timing. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned on AA road-watch today :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I thought this was a joke, but it's on the radio now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

I thought this was a Mary Harney story!

If not a April fools thing then its a publicity stunt by that circus guy, Alexander Scholl whos always letting animals "escape" to get publicity for his shows. He let limas escape before. It'll be on Joe, terrible bleeding dreadful duffy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Now reported swimming for Lambay Island. The wallabees have been coralled until the beast is caught

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

SeaSide wrote: »
    The wallabees have been coralled until the beasty is caught

First it was RobFowl, and now this - please leave me out of it ....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

SeaSide wrote: »
    Now reported swimming for Lambay Island. The wallabees have been coralled until the beast is caught

Brilliant :D

I can only imagine, swim swim, there ya go Hippo... I wonder what the owners of Lambay would make of a hippo showing up uninvited!!!

This may have been april fools day sillyness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

sNarah wrote: »
    Brilliant :D

I can only imagine, swim swim, there ya go Hippo... I wonder what the owners of Lambay would make of a hippo showing up uninvited!!!

From what I've heard it was all planned in advance and the hippo has a letter from the estate on Lambay authorising a landing

• Advertisement

The circus have nothing to do with it, I'm sorry, I'll try to keep Harry more secure in the back garden from now on. He just gets lonely, you know, since the landlord made us sign a new lease with strictly no pets allowed. Explains why half the garden fence had fallen down overnight, in any case.

Advertisement