Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scientists Unveil 'Best dinosaur'

• 01-04-2011 12:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

Controversial. Suffice to say the T. rex fanboys probably wont like it...
    Paleontologists have named over a thousand dinosaur species, but only a select few of them have saturated popular culture to the extent that they're instantly recognizable. There are about a dozen or so dinosaurs that should commit to memory a while reading this right now, lest you be accused of falling behind the prehistoric times.

Now a panel of experts in various scientific fields, led by leading paleontologist John R. "Jack" Horner, have decided once and for all which of these 'thunder lizards' was truly the greatest.

Click here to see who they picked.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Fanboy? Moi?

I can't begin to say how many ways I disagree with the outcome.

There are two types of Dino. T-Rex, and 'others'...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Horner. Always Horner.

He should dedicate more time to fossil hunting and less to deciding what animals are "the best" as if he had some sort of divine authority on the matter... not saying that the dinosaur they chose isn´t friggin awesome, cuz it is... but so are all other dinosaurs and this kind of thing is completely subjective.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Galvasean wrote: »
    Controversial. Suffice to say the T. rex fanboys probably wont like it...
    A dinosaur with a thagomizer!

What's not to love?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

FWIW, this thread was an April Fools Day joke. I was going to start a thread called, "Jack Horner named palaeontologist of the century by peers", but no one would believe taht.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Galvasean wrote: »
    FWIW, this thread was an April Fools Day joke. I was going to start a thread called, "Jack Horner named palaeontologist of the century by peers", but no one would believe taht.

:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement