Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jury service????

Options
  • 01-04-2011 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

Hi all-

Ok I have been called up for jury service at the start of May.
    Our first child is due approx 10 days beforehand, and I really want to be at home to help out junior and herself.

Anyone any experience of this or do you think I can have an exemption under these grounds?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Other occasions when you may be excused include:
    » The County Registrar or the trial judge may excuse you if he/ she is satisfied that there is 'good reason' for doing so.

Contact the Registrar and explain the situation. It most likely won't be a problem. They'll just get a replacement.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You can be excused.
    Read through the reasons that you can be excused one of them is if you are the primary carer of young children then ring them and tell them.
    I had to get excused because my baby was very small at the time too and there was no way that I could leave her indefinitely and also had no one to leave her with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

I will send in the letter and ring them, thanks peeps

Advertisement