Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pubs in limerick

• 01-04-2011 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

well people,

meeting a girl fri night (tonight).. i used to be in college in limerick but thats years ago.. not as familiar with the pubs as i used to be....

can anyone direct me towards a good pub for a firsht dateeeee....

not too bothered if its outside the city either.. can be castletroy, dooradoyle, out the dock road.. doesnt matter much...

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

O'Connell's, used to be the Old Quarter. Ken, the owner, is an old romantic, might even slip ye a white wine spritzer.

What kind of pub are you looking for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I wouldnt recommend O'Connells for a first date though to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

well people,

meeting a girl fri night (tonight).. i used to be in college in limerick but thats years ago.. not as familiar with the pubs as i used to be....

can anyone direct me towards a good pub for a firsht dateeeee....

not too bothered if its outside the city either.. can be castletroy, dooradoyle, out the dock road.. doesnt matter much...

thanks

Try the Office Bar around the corner from Angel Lane on the way to Molly Malones. Has been under new management for the last 5 weeks and seems to be thriving, worth a shot anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

What's your objective out of this date?
    If you are just going for a drink to soften things up, then i'd suggest in around Cobblestone Joes or even Nancy Blakes.

Depends though, you could also take somewhere closer to hotels but again, it depends what you are up to
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I would suggest Fla's or Foley's. Also Souths would be a good place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Dont go to pubs like flas,myles breens or tom collons's. Pubs that have disgusting toilets dont deservse your custom.
    Any pubs i may have excluded ,please add.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Well flas have brand new loos tom collins doesnt need to be changed and myles breens jacks are always clean worse could be said bout many premises in town.

Plus the porter in all the above pubs is excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Daaaattttt 'sssss LIMERICK Cittttaaaaaaaayyyy !!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

TheUsual wrote: »
    Daaaattttt 'sssss LIMERICK Cittttaaaaaaaayyyy !!!!!!!!!!!
    Last year wants its joke back

Advertisement