Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone at home broadband nightmare

• 01-04-2011 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭

Below is the message i sent Vodafone @Home broadband on 19/12/2010, most of my messages were ignored or I was told to identify myself even though I gave my name and phone number, which I have deleted from the below posts

Long story short, I was eventually promised two months broadband credit which is 90 euro, yet they are saying is 8 euro.....? Initially it was put on our bill it as line rental discount of 16 euro....

my post 19 Dec 2010

Dear Vodafone,

Since moving from Bt we have not had a single month where we have not had major problems with your broadband service .You can find our account information via our phone number .It is not a problem on our end and you have never fixed the issues on your end which results in me having to contact you every week stressed out, because other people in our house are contantly stressed out as well, and I have to do all the rummaging around trying to fix these non existant issues, and all the complaining .I think 99% of my posts on boards.ie are in relation to issues with your service. My housemate also wrote approx 50 on your another forum prior to me trying to get some results here

If it is not no internet service at all, it is a diconeccting service like the last two days where the internet is unuable for it hangs and disconnects every couple of minutes, or like the issue about 2 weeks ago where we have partial internet access and no broadband after 6pm for an entire week, or our broadband is so slow that it is again unuable. We were experiencing pings of close to 700 and a download speeds of 0.1 mb at oe stage .This is on "enhanced broadband". This is in the year 2010

All these issues happened every month of our contract .You only have to look at my previous posts to see this, and i will post the linmks if you need refreshing on them .

I have made about 100 posts this year re the non resolving problems with your servive ,I did not have to contact Bt once.Our troubles began the moment we changed our loging details from BT to Vodafone .We are clearly not getting the service we are paying for every month

our

Please can you refund us 3 months of our broadband billing ( the amount of time we have had none or unusable broadband like today) . I presume that these issues will continue for the rest of the year as well, unless you say otherwise, I personally cannot afford to have no internet, or a completely unusable internet connection for the last two months of our contract as it is

Their latest post

Thank you for contacting Vodafone at home. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

The details of your package are as follows:
    Talk anytime= 37 euro per month
    Broadand= 8 euro.
    You brecieved a credit of 8*2=16 euro which was received by you. Jo further credit is due.
    If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on Free phone 1907 and we will be happy to assist you.

Vodafone

Vodafone At Home | Vodafone Ireland Limited

Think about the environment before printing this e-mail.

[URL="javascript:;"]clear.gif[/URL]
    3/17/11
    [URL="javascript:;"]Show[/URL]
    [URL="javascript:;"]Reply[/URL] [URL="javascript:;"] ▼[/URL]
    • [URL="javascript:;"]Reply[/URL]
    • [URL="javascript:;"]Reply all[/URL]
    • [URL="javascript:;"]Forward[/URL]
    • [URL="javascript:;"]Delete[/URL]
    • [URL="javascript:;"]Mark as unread[/URL]
    • [URL="javascript:;"]Mark as read[/URL]
    • [URL="javascript:;"]Delete all from sender[/URL]
    • [URL="javascript:;"]Print message[/URL]
    • [URL="javascript:;"]View message source[/URL]
    • [URL="javascript:;"]Show message history[/URL]
    • [URL="javascript:;"]Hide message history[/URL]
    • [URL="javascript:;"]Show details[/URL]
    • [URL="javascript:;"]Hide details[/URL]

Vodafone @ Home broadband cost us 45 euro per month, 2 months Vodafone broadband cost us 90 euro. It is there in black and white on every single Vodafone bill! Vodafone At Home up to 3Mb 01 Mar - 31 M
    To athome.ie@vodafone.com

Sent: Thu 3/17/11 12:19 PM To: athome.ie@vodafone.com

Vodafone @ Home broadband cost us 45 euro per month, 2 months Vodafone broadband cost us 90 euro.

It is there in black and white on every single Vodafone bill!

Vodafone At Home up to 3Mb 01 Mar - 31 Mar €45.00

You promised us two months broadband due to the constant issues we have had with your service all year round. We have been onto you people every week if you check your records, and you offer us 16 euro credit in our line rental fee?

Please refund us two months broadband

Diarmuid

To:
    Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:19:30 +0000
    Subject: RE: Email number three re refund that we are due!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Diarmuid,

Thank you for contacting Vodafone at home. Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

Upon review of your account, I can confirm that 2 months worth of broadband was refunded to your account in your January bill. This came to 16 euro.

I have included the bill for your records. Please find attached.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on Free phone 1907 and we will be happy to assist you.

Customer Service

Vodafone

F

Sent: 14 March 2011 00:59
    To: Vodafone At Home

Hi,

We were expecting no bills for the following two months?
    How is this two months credit meant to work?

Regards

Diarmuid
    To:
    Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 10:59:31 +0000
    Dear Diarmuid,

Thank you for contacting Vodafone at Home.

We have reviewed your usage and have requested for a credit for two months of Broadband service to be credited to your account.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any further queries, please call us on FreeFone 1907 and we will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Customer Service
    Vodafone

Co Reg No.: 32696 7 VAT Reg No. IE6346967G

Sent: 01 January 2011 19:25

The issue from last week has stopped. Now back to the refund. We want a refund for every day we have had unusable or no internet!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please respond to that request

Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 12:34:15 +0000
    Dear Diarmuid,

Thank you for contacting Vodafone at Home. Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

Can you please confirm if you have noticed any improvement in your service?

If you have any further queries, please call us on FreeFone 1907 and we will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Customer Service
    Vodafone

Co Reg No.: 32696 7 VAT Reg No. IE6346967G

Sent: 23 December 2010 15:25

Pleas forward my email onto a supervisor.

Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 12:00:10 +0000
    Subject: RE: Email number THREE re refund that we are due!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dear Diarmuid,

We were experiencing an issue with our servers which was affecting some customers broadband connections.

This has now been resolved.

Have you noticed an improvement to your service?

Kind regards,

Customer Service
    Vodafone

For information on self service options and on Vodafone's Products and Services visit our website at http://www.vodafone.ie

Registered Office: MountainView, Central Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

******************************************************************************
    T

Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:03 PM
    Subject: Email number THREE re refund that we are due!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Vodafone,

Since moving from Bt we have not had a single month where we have not had MAJOR problems with your broadband service .You can find our account information via our phone number 01 . If I have to post every SINGLE issue that I have posted on the net I WILLl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It is not a problem on our end and you have never fixed the issues on your end which results in me having to contact you every week stressed out, because other people in our house are contantly stressed out as well, and I have to do all the rummaging around trying to fix these non existant issues, and all the complaining .I think 99% of my posts on boards.ie are in relation to issues with your service. My housemate also wrote approx 50 on your another forum prior to me trying to get some results here

If it is not NO INTERNET service at all for days or weeks, it is a disconnecting service like the last three days where the internet is unuable for it hangs and disconnects every couple of minutes, or like the issue about 2 weeks ago where we have partial internet access and no broadband after 6pm for an entire week, or our broadband is so slow that it is again unuable. We were experiencing pings of close to 700 and a download speeds of 0.1 mb at oe stage .This is on "enhanced broadband". This is in the year 2010

All these issues happened every month of our contract .You only have to look at my previous posts to see this, and i will post the linmks if you need refreshing on them .
    I have made about 100 posts this year re the non resolving problems with your servive ,I did not have to contact Bt once.Our troubles began the moment we changed our loging details from BT to Vodafone .We are clearly not getting the service we are paying for every month

Please can you refund us 3 months of our broadband billing ( the amount of time we have had none or unusable broadband like today) . I presume that these issues will continue for the rest of the year as well, unless you say otherwise, I personally cannot afford to have no internet, or a completely unusable internet connection for the last two months of our contract as it is

Investigate this and refund us now!

Diarmuid

[URL="javascript:;"]clear.gif[/URL]
    3/15/11
    [URL="javascript:;"]Show[/URL]

clear.gif

invis.gif Vodafone At Home [URL="javascript:;"]Add to contacts[/URL]

Dear Vodafone,

Since moving from Bt we have not had a single month where we have not had major problems with your broadband service .You can find our account information via our phone number .It is not a problem on our end and you have never fixed the issues on your end which results in me having to contact you every week stressed out, because other people in our house are contantly stressed out as well, and I have to do all the rummaging around trying to fix these non existant issues, and all the complaining .I think 99% of my posts on boards.ie are in relation to issues with your service. My housemate also wrote approx 50 on your another forum prior to me trying to get some results here

If it is not no internet service at all, it is a diconeccting service like the last two days where the internet is unuable for it hangs and disconnects every couple of minutes, or like the issue about 2 weeks ago where we have partial internet access and no broadband after 6pm for an entire week, or our broadband is so slow that it is again unuable. We were experiencing pings of close to 700 and a download speeds of 0.1 mb at oe stage .This is on "enhanced broadband". This is in the year 2010

our

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I don't see the problem. You are paying for three separate things. Line rental, phone and broadband. They have refunded you the cost of the broadband. Your phone and line have worked so are not liable for a refund.

Is this particular difficult to understand. You could instead point out that you bought a package and since the contractual obligations of the package as a whole have not been met you expect a to be refunded the entire cost of the package, rather then a part of it being singled out.

Advertisement