Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A step backwards

Options
  • 01-04-2011 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭

In order to make regional forums more manageable the site Admins have decided to revert to a single North West forum which will include the Donegal, Sligo and Leitrim forums together with the Derry and Tyrone forums.This will be implemented later today.

Im not sure how the likes of discussions on "local" issues will pan out but I suppose we will have to like it or lump it.

The bad (maybe good) news is that myself and homer_simpson may well be made redundant :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

about time really.

sure all the counties up there are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

True to an extent. The only problem is that when the old North West forum consisted of Donegal, Leitrim & Sligo we had everyone complaining and looking for their own respective county forums.

I can see a lot of debate on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

We are all from the forgotten NW, so why not, eh?

NIMAN wrote: »
    We are all from the forgotten NW, so why not, eh?
    Indeed we are in the NW but I can see some problems regarding people posting statements or queries regarding issues within their local parishes. We all know or at least have a good idea as to where Drumoghil is for example and if someone posts up that there is a big pot hole on the Corkey side then its not really of interest to people from other counties.

Take another thread here as a good example - shop closure. Would people from Derry, Tyrone or Sligo be in any way interested as to what happens in Letterkenny?

What about the beers night? Will we have to travel to Sligo?

Loads of problems to come :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Seems a bit like a chain of 5 pubs with 10 regulars in each closing and opening one big pub and hoping they get 50 regulars!

In fairness i can see where the admin are coming from but i think it will dilute the debates

Are you sure its not an April fools?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

my two cents worth.

If counties are going to be grouped I would like to see Donegal grouped with Derry and Tyrone.
    I know Donegal has borders with other counties but I would call this the real North West, I would always have said that Sligo was in the west.

Me thinks all the 6 counties will be grouped just to bump up the number of posts :D

Carrick on Shannon for beers anyone?

Carrick on Shannon for beers anyone?
    There would be some thirst worked up by the time we'd get there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

I hope this is an April Fools. I think this forum is busy enough considering. Now I'll have to trawl my way through pages of useless (to me anyways) threads concerning Tyrone, Sligo etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

cosanostra wrote: »

Are you sure its not an April fools?

I think Muffler has caught me.

scores him of the Christmas card list.

^ ^ if only :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

this has to be an Aprils Fool. It will dilute the debates for sure and like others have said I am not interest in what is going on in Sligo, Leitrim etc. I like this forum as it deals with local issues. Poor Poor decision by the powers that be and I see mysself being a less than frequent visitor now, would take a glance in here at least every day could see that going down to once a week.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Just seeing the thread in the Mod forum, "regional merge", there now! I'm a tad annoyed, there are pros and con's but donegal seems to stand on its own no problems i see the sense on merging the less active ones though. it was fun while it lasted i suppose....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

muffler wrote: »
    In order to make regional forums more manageable the site Admins have decided to revert to a single North West forum which will include the Donegal, Sligo and Leitrim forums together with the Derry and Tyrone forums.This will be implemented later today.

Im not sure how the likes of discussions on "local" issues will pan out but I suppose we will have to like it or lump it.

The bad (maybe good) news is that myself and homer_simpson may well be made redundant :(

More work for Magnumlady and myself. Again, that could be a good or a bad thing.

:confused:

Main town in the NW, you'd be more than welcome

;)
    Just seeing the thread in the Mod forum, "regional merge", there now! I'm a tad annoyed, there are pros and con's but donegal seems to stand on its own no problems i see the sense on merging the less active ones though. it was fun while it lasted i suppose....

Just seen that as well.

Sligo is a preety big forum as well. Maybe a seperate forums for Sligo Town and Letterkenny could be suggested within the forum.

Changing times ahead folks.

Well if this does go ahead and when it comes to selecting mods Im running with the idea of a selection process based either on length of service or number of bans handed out.

I cant loose.

Well if this does go ahead and when it comes to selecting mods Im running with the idea of a selection process based either on length of service or number of bans handed out.

I cant loose.

You wouldn't miss one of those Modships Muffler, although I would fear a last in first out.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Ohh yeah sure gang up on the Newbie !!! I think it should be put to a poll, let the forum regulars decide. All them bans could work against ya then.

Ohh yeah sure gang up on the Newbie !!! I think it should be put to a poll, let the forum regulars decide. All them bans could work against ya then.

Hopefully with a forum that size, none of us will have to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

irish-stew wrote: »
    Main town in the NW, you'd be more than welcome
    With the new forum merger, I think Derry would become the main town (city) here. ;)

smashey wrote: »
    With the new forum merger, I think Derry would become the main town (city) here. ;)
    Damn! I cant ban Admins for trolling :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

irish-stew wrote: »
    Sligo is a preety big forum as well. Maybe a seperate forums for Sligo Town and Letterkenny could be suggested within the forum.

Changing times ahead folks.

Wouldn't a bit mad that? gettin rid to large county forums, then bring in more local town forums in their place? The whole idea seems hair-brained tbh, I'm holding fire tho till tomorrow, an if it's not a joke then I'll prob be going the way of golden green, or just logon when I want to find out something an not contribute.. (I know I know... :D )

• Advertisement

Firblog wrote: »
    I'm holding fire tho till tomorrow
    And you'd be right too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

If it's not broke dont fix it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'd welcome the change based on a change of Mods. Like the previous government - change is good.

Back to troll again jimmy. I told you before Im not having it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

as It's no longer 1st of April I to believe that this isn't a bloody joke...

Taken to its logical conclusion we're on our way to one big forum for every section on here; just look at the edu one.. one for each 3rd level institution it seems... or sports ffs what's 'manageable about that?...

Damned admins. They now say it was an April fools to wind up myself and homer :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

If forums like the frisbee forum and mustard forums were safe i thought it might have been a wind-up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

God !! I thought this was genuine ! I'm shocked !! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Indeed we are in the NW but I can see some problems regarding people posting statements or queries regarding issues within their local parishes. We all know or at least have a good idea as to where Drumoghil is for example and if someone posts up that there is a big pot hole on the Corkey side then its not really of interest to people from other counties.

Take another thread here as a good example - shop closure. Would people from Derry, Tyrone or Sligo be in any way interested as to what happens in Letterkenny?

I would have thought that Northern Ireland (six counties) should have their own and if Donegal have to share, it should be with Sligo and Leitrim...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

annascott wrote: »
    I would have thought that Northern Ireland (six counties) should have their own and if Donegal have to share, it should be with Sligo and Leitrim...

Do you really think donegal has more in common with sligo and leitrim than derry and tyrone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement