Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Fair for Merrion Square

Options
  • 01-04-2011 5:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

So the City Council have decided on a new home for the Smithfield Horse Fair.

It is to be located in Merrion Square. What utter nonsense. This is one of the few places where you can still get free parking on Sundays. It will be havoc.

They plan to put protective fencing around the flower beds. As if that will stop the beasts - sure they'll trample the fences anyway.

There will horses tied to the railings of Georgian Dublin. Surely some way could be found to keep them on the north side. At least our scarce tourists wouldn't be troubled so much.

They could use the canal bank at Phibsborough for example.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,311 ✭✭✭markpb

NIMBY much? :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

markpb wrote: »
    NIMBY much? :-D

Or April 1st...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,311 ✭✭✭markpb

Gah! :-S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

That's ridiculous they should have it around herbert park instead, just beside the rds. :-)it be a natural place for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

Labour Councillors want all animals attending the Fair to be fitted with chips for a basic 5 euro with the City Council footing the rest of the cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Condatis wrote: »
    Labour Councillors want all animals attending the Fair to be fitted with chips for a basic 5 euro with the City Council footing the rest of the cost.

what about the horses?

what about the horses?

Including horses and donkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I wonder how many donkeys believed this one.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Travellers will make a **** of an area no matter where they go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

There will horses tied to the railings of Georgian Dublin. Surely some way could be found to keep them on the north side. At least our scarce tourists wouldn't be troubled so much.

At best I think this is an April fools story and at worst you are a NIMBY

Anyway, the horse fair has no business in an urban area.
    If you're looking for open space in Dublin city take it to Grangegorman

• Advertisement

Ok! I own up. It was April 1st.

But I am disappointed that there was not a better sense of humour here.

Instead of displaying how clever they were by spotting this could posters not have entered into the spirit of day and joined in, that could have been fun.

It brings to mind people who, when somebody starts telling a joke in company act the smart aleck saying "I heard that before" and give away the punch line.

Pitiful really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

lol, I was stupid enough to think it was real!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Ok! I own up. It was April 1st.

But I am disappointed that there was not a better sense of humour here.

Instead of displaying how clever they were by spotting this could posters not have entered into the spirit of day and joined in, that could have been fun.

It brings to mind people who, when somebody starts telling a joke in company act the smart aleck saying "I heard that before" and give away the punch line.

Pitiful really.

Nobody wants to look that stupid.
    If everybody did that, they would look like the most gullible people around.
    Get real.

Advertisement