Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK Fools

Options
  • 01-04-2011 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭

so who's paying that toll over St Patrick's Bridge?

Very [poor attempts from PJ this year, he must be sulking somewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

No worse than RedFM's absolutely pathetic attempt at an April's fools joke about Fota cloning Dinosaurs. Jesus H Christ it was a car crash of a prank to listen to, I don't think they could have done worse if they tried.

The best one I've heard so far is Ryanair's childless flights. Surprisingly, a lot of people actually responded positively to the concept :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Pathetic attempts all round this year.

To date the best so far was Gay Byrne's Legendary "Shandon Tower to be bought by an American and transported to the U.S."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

The best one I've heard so far is Ryanair's childless flights. Surprisingly, a lot of people actually responded positively to the concept :pac:

Ryanair? I'd expect a better prank from them than pretending to use an idea already in service with other airlines.

British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and Emirates looked into this a few months back, as it looked viable. Britain's Thomas Cook Airlines and Germany's Tui Fly already have "Adults only" flights.

http://travel.nytimes.com/2010/11/14/travel/14babies-journeys.html?pagewanted=1&ref=travel

http://english.pravda.ru/society/stories/15-02-2011/116908-child_free_flights-0/

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Evelynmc

Anyone remember the prank pulled over in Blackpool shopping center, Someone said U2 were playing on the roof of it. The place ended up packed! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

That Blackpool thing, I was called to cover that, dropped everything and was making my way out there but the story was not being confirmed by my usually reliable sources.

Had to endure a traffic jam for nothing, told my boss there was nothing happing but he heard it on the radio SO IT MUST be TRUE.

And you'd think we'd have learnt from another radio broadcast that cause mass panic and hysteria back in 1938 when one Orson Welles let it slip what we were being invaded by Martians. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

The U2 blackpool prank was by Red FM.
    That was very well done and caught out 1000s, even made the national news.
    It wasn't just said, they actually got a tribute band to play on the roof, had fake security/limos etc. and were broadcasting live from there!

It's insane how much of a let down this years one was compared to that.

They must be skint because of that 250k "big one" competition :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

No worse than RedFM's absolutely pathetic attempt at an April's fools joke about Fota cloning Dinosaurs. Jesus H Christ it was a car crash of a prank to listen to, I don't think they could have done worse if they tried.

When someone in my class was told that story yesterday, they replied to it, in all seriousness, by saying "that's a very bad idea. I saw Jurassic Park last week and all the dinosaurs ate everyone" :p. I'll let them off though, we were just after a very stressful test at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

babo9 wrote: »
    The U2 blackpool prank was by Red FM.
    That was very well done and caught out 1000s, even made the national news.
    It wasn't just said, they actually got a tribute band to play on the roof, had fake security/limos etc. and were broadcasting live from there!

It's insane how much of a let down this years one was compared to that.

They must be skint because of that 250k "big one" competition :p

The U2 event was paid for by Blackpool Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

When someone in my class was told that story yesterday, they replied to it, in all seriousness, by saying "that's a very bad idea. I saw Jurassic Park last week and all the dinosaurs ate everyone" :p. I'll let them off though, we were just after a very stressful test at that point.

I hope you're in junior or senior infants :P
    evilivor wrote: »
    The U2 event was paid for by Blackpool Shopping Centre.

Ya I was thinking afterwards that Blackpool shopping centre sponsered them at the time. Fota does now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Did anyone hear the lady who went on C103 about a letter she received from Cork County Council
    saying that they were going to allow a traveller family set up a caravan next to her home to allow them to integrate into the community? :D

I was talking to someone that knows her, she even phoned the guards about it before someone let her know it was a prank

• Advertisement
Advertisement