Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe/Chipottle Chillis

Options
  • 01-04-2011 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Anyone know where I can get chillis in Adobe sauce or chipotle chillis...Im in Cork..

Alternatively online site which may have them??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tesco's have some dried Mexican chillies, I think chipotles are one of them.
    Never seen Adobe sauce in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

+1 for tesco - they are in the section with spices and baking stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

kerash wrote: »
    +1 for tesco - they are in the section with spices and baking stuff

I think they're on the gourmet food section, Tesco brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

Thanks guys..will have a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lordstilton

I've used these to get chipolte powder for BBQ rubs http://www.chileseeds.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Batigol309 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Anyone know where I can get chillis in Adobe sauce or chipotle chillis...Im in Cork..

Alternatively online site which may have them??

I got a bunch from this place: http://www.southdevonchillifarm.co.uk

quick, cheap and they last ages, wholly recommend... dried chipotles in chili are awesome, they give it a real smoky flavour

I got a bunch from this place: http://www.southdevonchillifarm.co.uk

quick, cheap and they last ages, wholly recommend... dried chipotles in chili are awesome, they give it a real smoky flavour

Excellent might give this a try..cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I'm in Dublin so no good with specifics but I get my chipotles (om nom nom nom nom) from mexican restaurants mainly. A lot of them have a selection of chilis, tinned beans, salsas etc. for sale, so if you have one locally it might be worth sticking your head round the door to see

I'm in Dublin so no good with specifics but I get my chipotles (om nom nom nom nom) from mexican restaurants mainly. A lot of them have a selection of chilis, tinned beans, salsas etc. for sale, so if you have one locally it might be worth sticking your head round the door to see

Nearly inspiration MissFlitworth..thought you were on to something....

Unfortunately only Mexican in Cork..cafe mexicano ..chef said all he used was jarred jalapenos....didnt even know about chipottle chillis id say :)

Anyone tried the Marks and Spencers..Chipotle Salsa??...just saw it earlier...

first ingredient listed is sugar so Im thinking may not be the best

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I have a jar of their chipotle ketchup in my press - you've just jogged my memory to put it in the bin. It's fairly pants.

I get these chilis from Cafe Azteca in Dublin, they're about 2.60 a tin (haven't been in a while, stocked up on lots the last time I was there). The guy who runs it is really sound, if you get desperate he might be happy to post some over to you

Advertisement