Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What grinds my gears in Oz

Options
  • 01-04-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi there, First of all I am happy living in Oz. There are loads of good things I could write. But here are some things that I dont like..

Weather Often too hot/humid. I am in Queensland it rains alot. And because there is no insulation in your house it can be cold in the winter indoors.

Food Hard to find decent cheese, I think the quality of meat is better at home. Restaurants shut really early compared to Dublin. Bad take aways and expensive.

National Pride Australians are sore losers when it comes to sport, also they think Australia is the best place on earth. (even though it may be) I dont want to hear about it all the time.

It gets dark early It gets dark at 6pm In Brisbane and even earlier in Winter.. I miss Irelands long days.

Early to bed early to rise I think its more common to go to bed early and get up early generally in Oz. I prefer the odd late night we might do on a weekday at home.

Bugs Expect all kind of spiders and insects everywhere in Australia, I live just outside the city and we always get bugs . And I hate Possums..

Cars Cars are expensive and expect to pay a few grand for a complete banger you would never be able to drive in Ireland.

Over regulation Unlike Ireland you will get fined or jailed for throwing litter, drinking in public walking accross the street without the green man. I was at my local pool on the diving board.. guess what.. no diving permitted. Jokeshop.

Good Points, loads to many to write..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

You get banned for re-regging.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Your post refers exclusively to Queensland from what I can see yet references Australia. Get out more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Some I agree with but some are self made e.g if you don't like humidity move south to NSW or Victoria. Also less bugs I think if you move to cooler climates. I would NEVER live in Queensland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

superman28 wrote: »

Weather Often too hot/humid. I am in Queensland it rains alot. And because there is no insulation in your house it can be cold in the winter indoors.

Food Hard to find decent cheese, I think the quality of meat is better at home. Restaurants shut really early compared to Dublin. Bad take aways and expensive.

It gets dark early It gets dark at 6pm In Brisbane and even earlier in Winter.. I miss Irelands long days.

Bugs Expect all kind of spiders and insects everywhere in Australia, I live just outside the city and we always get bugs . And I hate Possums..

you can resolve these by moving to vic............but then you will be complaining about it being too cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

man up !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

People complaining about living here really grinds my gears. If you dont like it go somewhere else your the one in control remember.
    I live in Far North Queensland, Its not for everybody but i love it. I live in a brand new modern apartment over looking the Daintree. Whats not to like?:D
    Cost of living can be a bit of an issue but then i remember i get paid quite well so its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

superman28 wrote: »
    Move somewhere you perfer the weather.
    An irish person complaining abotu the weather in Oz is loltastic tbh

National Pride Australians are sore losers when it comes to sport, also they think Australia is the best place on earth. (even though it may be) I dont want to hear about it all the time.
    You could say the same about ireland

Early to bed early to rise I think its more common to go to bed early and get up early generally in Oz. I prefer the odd late night we might do on a weekday at home.
    You're not 6, you can stay up as late as you want now
    Agreed. Wildlife in general is mad here
    Cars Cars are expensive and expect to pay a few grand for a complete banger you would never be able to drive in Ireland.
    I actually think cars are cheaper (as long as you aren't talking about cars imported from say germany)

Advertisement