Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying after a D&C procedure

Options
  • 01-04-2011 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

I'm back girls. Had a miscarraige confirmed last weekend ( baby stopped developing at 7 weeks despite hearbeat at 6) and had a d&c yesterday at 9 weeks. I'm coping very well but it's my first miscarraige so I'm still hopeful for a happy outcome next time. BUT I think I'm going to be very nervous next time - if there is a next time.

Anyway, does anyone have any advice about how long to wait or how long it took their cycle to resume. There seems to be no good reason to wait for 1 or 2 full cycles if you have a fertility surge after an early misscarraige. Maybe I'm missing something though as I'm still getting my head around it. I'm 41 so can't afford to hang around but maybe ( I really don't know my own mind) I would like to relax and give myself a break before starting again.

I'm grateful and lucky for the darling 2 year old I have and the miscarraige really brought that home to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

So long as you're sure you are ready physically and emotionaly, I say no need to wait. My mum miscarried her first pregnancy, twins at 5 weeks, when she went back for her 4 weeks check up she was pregnant again with my eldest brother.

For me, we tried straight away after the first and got pregnant again. However we lost again. The doctor says the two weren't related, just bad luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I think barbiegirl hit the nail on the head.

I was at my doctors on Wednesday, after miscarrying last Friday. I knew my levels were coming down as I had been to the hospital over the weekend. I asked her if I could ovulate before a period, she said I could. she said there was no reason to wait, once we were both ready, physically and mentally.

This was my second non consecutive miscarriage. I've an almost 9 year old boy. I had a very easy pregnancy with him. Small amount of bleeding in the early weeks but all things considered, it was a breeze.

We've started trying again already;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I'm so sorry Grawns. I hope you are looking after youself.

We started trying straight away after our first mc. We didn't conceive until my 3rd cycle but I firmly believe thats because I wasn't mentally ready to be pregnant again. I took the mc very hard and really wasn't 'well' for a good 2 months. Consumed with greif.

I'd just see how it goes for now if you're not mad to get pregnant again. The more relaxed you are about it all the better chance you will have of conceiving again. Don't put pressure on yourself to conceive again. You've conceived fairly easily already at 41, theres no reason why it shouldn't happen again, and next time there's every chance that your pregnancy will be happy and healthy!

Good luck and take care :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Grawns, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. I dont have any experience with MC, as I have never managed to get pregnant, but I hope it all works out for you whether you decide to try right away or wait a little. ((Hugs))

Advertisement