Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Art retrospective opening in the Municipal Gallery the other night; someone attending went out to find his bicycle, parked at the Garden of Remembrance, already stripped of saddle, mudguards and carrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

Two bikes stolen from Drumcondra today - locked shed behind the house, probably should have been keeping them inside.

Trek Madone

Trek.jpg

Also a Trek 1.1 don't have a decent photo but pretty much identical to the following

Bike 2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

Was the shed locked or bikes? Or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

Was the shed locked or bikes? Or both?

Yeah shed is more of a 'Seomra' so has a proper door and lock but they managed to rip the door off the frame to get inside, don't lock the bikes in the shed as it has (I thought) a decent lock itself on the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

The amount of bikes getting stolen from sheds is definitely on the rise. Bikes are no longer safe in sheds unless they are properly secured in the shed. This type of lock can used to attach your bike lock too. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryde-Ground-Security-Chain-Anchor/dp/B00IHUY1W8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477558612&sr=8-1&keywords=ground+anchors+for+bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Posted on wheel worx Facebook page

We have just been contacted by the Gardaí in Clontarf to let us know that they have recovered this Speed Concept today. It's possible that the owner doesn't even know it's missing yet so please spread this post with cyclists or triathletes who will be able to get the word out to the right people. They also recovered wheels with it. If it's yours you can contact the Gardaí in Clontarf to get yourself all reunited. Maybe bring them in a big box of chocolates too. Huge thanks to Garda Johnny Fitzgerald who I believe was responsible in recovering it and is determined to see it back with it's owner.
    Spread the word
    Rob
    Edit: It's a 2013 model

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

magicmoves wrote: »
    The amount of bikes getting stolen from sheds is definitely on the rise. Bikes are no longer safe in sheds unless they are properly secured in the shed. This type of lock can used to attach your bike lock too. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ryde-Ground-Security-Chain-Anchor/dp/B00IHUY1W8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477558612&sr=8-1&keywords=ground+anchors+for+bikes

My Cube Peleton stolen from my shed last night in Tymon North, Tallaght :(

Only have it since January as it replaced my Giant Rapid 4 that was stolen from Work. The insurance company will love me :o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CuuCuu

Stolen Womans La Pierre Audacio 400 (White and Yellow) 2014/5 Bike from INSIDE Tescos EXPRESS on Kimmage road lower today 8th Nov at 17:36 :(:(

The CCTV only captured his side profile blue/black hoodie. The bike is fairly stand out white and yellow with white and green bottle cage, pump holder and cage pedals :(:(

If anyone sees anything alike could you please let me know, left it sitting for two minutes unattended. I cant post even the link or picture on boards as a new member :(

Cuu Cuu post it somewhere else (on a photo site) and post a link to that image here (you'll have to break it up - http www then the link) - and I'll post the picture.

• Advertisement

CuuCuu wrote: »
    Stolen Womans La Pierre Audacio 400 (White and Yellow) 2014/5 Bike from INSIDE Tescos EXPRESS on Kimmage road lower today 8th Nov at 17:36 :(:(

The CCTV only captured his side profile blue/black hoodie. The bike is fairly stand out white and yellow with white and green bottle cage, pump holder and cage pedals :(:(

If anyone sees anything alike could you please let me know, left it sitting for two minutes unattended. I cant post even the link or picture on boards as a new member :(

This is CuuCuu's stolen bike:

large-audacio%20400%202015.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 felthead

Hi Guys,
    My 2 bikes were stolen from Harold's Cross area at the weekend from my back garden shed and I am just posting here in case anyone can help. The Gardai inform me that a lot of bikes were taken in the area over the weekend.
    I live in a terraced house and the thieves managed to get the 2 bikes over 3 different 6 ft garden fences and a garden wall. (determined scumbags!)
    They were unfortunately not locked that night, normally are. (a costly mistake!)

The 2 bikes stolen were
    1. Felt F6-58 Carbon bike with Novatec Jetfly wheels (Black with grey writing)
    2. Specialized Sirrus hybrid bike (Black with blue trim)
    I would post pictures but I have not used this website in a while and seem to be blocked from doing so.

Any help greatly appreciated and also a reward offered.
    I will register them now with the bikeregister and also will buy one of those bike anchors mentioned , some good info in this thread!

Thanks guys
    Vinny

• Registered Users Posts: 2 felthead

Originally Posted by CuuCuu View Post

Stolen Womans La Pierre Audacio 400 (White and Yellow) 2014/5 Bike from INSIDE Tescos EXPRESS on Kimmage road lower today 8th Nov at 17:36
    The CCTV only captured his side profile blue/black hoodie. The bike is fairly stand out white and yellow with white and green bottle cage, pump holder and cage pedals
    If anyone sees anything alike could you please let me know, left it sitting for two minutes unattended. I cant post even the link or picture on boards as a new member

Hi CuuCuu,
    Can you tell me if this bike was reported stolen and if so to which Garda Station? I have found that there has been up to 5 bikes that I know of so far that have been stolen in the Terenure/Kimmage area in the last few days and I have trying to organise follow up with the Gardaí. In most cases, the bikes were all taken from Garden sheds. Sheds were locked but the thieves unscrewed latches. I have posted notices to a lot of houses in the area.
    In most cases, the thieves have returned to the same estates 2 nights later to continue stealing. One person reported seeing the thieves and they appeared to be young. In you have anymore info, please contact me or post here and I will follow up with Gardaí.
    I was contacted last night by the bikeregister website and have supplied them with pictures of my stolen bikes.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭alentejo

My 2007 Specilized Allez Triple Sport (Grey) stolen from rear shed with the only exit route over a garage. Stolen at some stage between Sunday evening 11/12/16 up to 5.30pm on the 14/12/16.
    Location just off Terenure Rd West near KCR.

pm if any info
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/150059180@N03/shares/6946jp

alentejo wrote: »
    My 2007 Specilized Allez Triple Sport (Grey) stolen from rear shed with the only exit route over a garage. Stolen at some stage between Sunday evening 11/12/16 up to 5.30pm on the 14/12/16.
    Location just off Terenure Rd West near KCR.

pm if any info
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/150059180@N03/shares/6946jp

There seems to be a bike theft gang operating there; several reports going around about bike thefts along Kimmage Road West and Kimmage Road Lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

It's just dawned on me that I've been checking donedeal and adverts for my stolen bike everyday now for 3½ months.
    Nothing.
    Might be time to let go, they off loaded it some other way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭park500

MB Lacey wrote: »
    It's just dawned on me that I've been checking donedeal and adverts for my stolen bike everyday now for 3½ months.
    Nothing.
    Might be time to let go, they off loaded it some other way :(

Same here.No sign of my bike after 6 months.

I do wonder what happens to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭The Davestator

park500 wrote: »
    Same here.No sign of my bike after 6 months.

I do wonder what happens to them.

I was visiting my brother in Phibsboro a few years ago and a junkie offered us a full felt carbon road bike for €20. We bought it and gave it into the Garda Station on the North Circular.

As a cyclist, I couldnt believe the lack of value they had put on a bike worth 1k+ :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭josip

I was visiting my brother in Phibsboro a few years ago and a junkie offered us a full felt carbon road bike for €20. We bought it and gave it into the Garda Station on the North Circular.

As a cyclist, I couldnt believe the lack of value they had put on a bike worth 1k+ :mad:

Maybe if the junkies were educated about the value of the bikes they would be able sell them for more and need to steal fewer?

I had a bike stolen from a shed out the back a while ago and I can't imagine a doped up or cold turkey junkie having the wherewithal to physically or mentally carry it out.
    I'd have thought the junkies would stick to bag/phone snatching.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PGB

My Merida Ride 400 Road bike in the limited edition Team Lampre colours similar to the pic below was stolen from my house in the Lucan area last night.

It has been reported to the Ronanstown Garda Station on 01 6667700 if anyone spots it anywhere.

Thanks

Peter

IMG_6188.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

david o'doherty's bike was nicked last night:

https://twitter.com/phlaimeaux/status/815152721661755392

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

https://twitter.com/phlaimeaux/status/815263805806678016

i get the impression he got drunk and forgot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Who is Dave o Doherty ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

moonshadow wrote: »
    Who is Dave o Doherty ?

You should tweet that to him :pac:

His Da used to play piano with Louis Stewart and he has a beard. Maybe that's all a chap needs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

oflahero wrote: »
    OK, which of you was it?

The gardai probably already have been in touch with management looking for the IP addresses of everyone who has posted on this thread!

Advertisement