Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Boardman Hybrid Pro 54cm

Grey from 2017.

Not many of these about.

Stolen from the Gallops in Leopardstown , Dublin 18 sometime between Sunday evening and this evening.

Cut from a bike rack with an angle grinder so Kryptonite lock still attached.

Chain has a little rust.

Carbon fibre forks.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Boardman Hybrid Pro 54cm

Grey from 2017.

Not many of these about.

Stolen from the Gallops in Leopardstown , Dublin 18 sometime between Sunday evening and this evening.

Cut from a bike rack with an angle grinder so Kryptonite lock still attached.

Chain has a little rust.

Carbon fibre forks.

Sorry not the one I found
    Little ****s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Not major spec but valuable to me - My Liv Alight was robbed outside Lidl in Eastwall this evening :mad:

Apparently 3 or 4 a week are being taken from there so be warned.
    I'm more annoyed with myself for being lazy and putting the lock through the back wheel only. All that's left is my back wheel and my lock :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

jos28 wrote: »
    Not major spec but valuable to me - My Liv Alight was robbed outside Lidl in Eastwall this evening :mad:

Apparently 3 or 4 a week are being taken from there so be warned.
    I'm more annoyed with myself for being lazy and putting the lock through the back wheel only. All that's left is my back wheel and my lock :mad:

Word of warning, as someone living near North strand I can tell you know that lidl eastwall is a cash cow for bike thieves.

I've had the young lads from the area who train in the gym offer me robbed bikes, asked one of them and he said they get around 10 to 15 bikes a week usually from outside lidl and Aldi and that they could get me a decent bike in 'my size'.

italodisco wrote: »
    Word of warning, as someone living near North strand I can tell you know that lidl eastwall is a cash cow for bike thieves.

I've had the young lads from the area who train in the gym offer me robbed bikes, asked one of them and he said they get around 10 to 15 bikes a week usually from outside lidl and Aldi and that they could get me a decent bike in 'my size'.

Unfortunately that doesn't surprise me. Mine was taken at 5pm, place was very busy. The scroats who took mine in full view of everyone were stopped by 2 different people who were told to f*** off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

The Gardai's charm offensive today regarding bike theft, is pathetic and RTE are asking them zero hard questions.
    The message , seriously, is "lock it or lose it" as if that makes any difference.

They were not asked about their detection rates or what they are actively doing to stop or investigate bike theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

The message , seriously, is "lock it or lose it" as if that makes any difference.
    The equivalent of saying 'Don't walk down that road at night or you'll be attacked'. Completely missing the point of actually tackling the root of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

The Gardai's charm offensive today regarding bike theft, is pathetic and RTE are asking them zero hard questions.
    It really did sound like "blame the victim" and it's your fault if your bike gets nicked. Really tone deaf stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bilbot79

DeepBlue wrote: »
    It really did sound like "blame the victim" and it's your fault if your bike gets nicked. Really tone deaf stuff.

#metoo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Not to mention the total lack of prosecutions of stolen bike buyers for receiving stolen goods…

• Advertisement

jos28 wrote: »
    Unfortunately that doesn't surprise me. Mine was taken at 5pm, place was very busy. The scroats who took mine in full view of everyone were stopped by 2 different people who were told to f*** off.
    Don't ever be naive enough to think these rats care how busy and public a place is.

mod note - comments promoting violence have been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pitchfork

Stolen from a locked shed in Clonskeagh, Dublin last night/this morning
    On one Fat Bike - it's white and got fat tyres so it is distinctive
    SL Pro Carbon SRAM Rival
    Focus variado expert

Anyone missing a Felt bike in the Drogheda area? Lets just say the guy I spotted on it wouldn't have the means for Halfords cheapest offering let alone this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Anyone missing what I think is a Kellys Cleaso - spotted in a hedge in Rathfarnham this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

There's a white and blue bike in the canal at Blackhorse if anybody is missing one

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

MTB Phaze (Halfords) in red/black, white forks. This has disc brakes. Small adult size.

Stolen from Newbridge RR station on Thur 11 Oct., by cutting 8 mm steel chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Undercover

3 bikes pinched from our garage overnight in Walkinstown, left my daily beater behind. Red Felt Airo T28, Giant liv ladies racer and a Trek mountain bike. Will update with pictures later :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,374 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

posts about judge zaidan moved to la flamme rouge

Got myself sorted with a new bike, insured it here for €64
    https://www.lifestyleinsurances.ie/
    and registered it for free
    http://bikeregister.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eth87

Had my Colnago ACE stolen today at around 1510 from the secure lockup at my workplace (Crumlin Hospital)

Always good to know the lovely folk around the hospital are willing to thank us workers

• Advertisement

Eth87 wrote: »
    Had my Colnago ACE stolen today at around 1510 from the secure lockup at my workplace (Crumlin Hospital)

Always good to know the lovely folk around the hospital are willing to thank us workers

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

No CCTV? How secure was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eth87

Thargor wrote: »
    No CCTV? How secure was it?
    Pretty secure, you need swipe card access to get into the lockup and it's in a part of the hospital grounds where a non employee would be noticed. Yeap there is CCTV but the guy knew what he was doing. 
    Just need to hope the Garda spot it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Pretty secure, you need swipe card access to get into the lockup and it's in a part of the hospital grounds where a non employee would be noticed. Yeap there is CCTV but the guy knew what he was doing. 

What kind of locks were on it? And what kind of rack was in the cage? (I hate those little wheel bender things!)

The amount of clowns that don't lock the bike cage in my place is ridiculous, in saying that, Crumlin is a hell hole for bike theft

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Always sad to see anyones bike stolen, especially when (possibly) it could be down to a careless colleague not closing up the cage.

But it's good to also see that stereotyping is still alive and well. Most folk in the Drimnagh/Crumlin area are actually lovely people, and workers to boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

The amount of clowns that don't lock the bike cage in my place is ridiculous, in saying that, Crumlin is a hell hole for bike theft

More to the point, it's a hellhole for receiving of stolen goods. When the Gardaí start prosecuting the nice respectable people who buy bikes that are clearly stolen, the bottom will drop out of that market.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

So randomly browsing adverts I saw my stolen bike for sale. Stolen 5 1/2 years ago June 2013. For sale right beside where I live. Absolutely 100% sure it’s mine - same saddle, groupset (triple derailleur on a compact), wheels and tyres. Ad was withdrawn only 2 weeks ago. Have followed seller. Will see how this pans out. Of course, the seller may have innocently bought the bike from someone else.

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    So randomly browsing adverts I saw my stolen bike for sale. Stolen 5 1/2 years ago June 2013. For sale right beside where I live. Absolutely 100% sure it’s mine - same saddle, groupset (triple derailleur on a compact), wheels and tyres. Ad was withdrawn only 2 weeks ago. Have followed seller. Will see how this pans out. Of course, the seller may have innocently bought the bike from someone else.

Offer to buy another of his items and deal with it then, if that's your bike then I'm baffled as to what you're doing waiting to see how this 'pans out'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Offer to buy another of his items and deal with it then, if that's your bike then I'm baffled as to what you're doing waiting to see how this 'pans out'

Ad withdrawn. Seller has nothing else for sale. Have followed seller in case it reappears for sale.

Gardai contacted. That’s all I can do.

Advertisement