Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭macken04

My bike was stolen at about 16:00 on Friday from Christchurch area. Images below.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stolenCubeBike

Hi all, woke up to leave for work at 5:40am only to find my bike stolen. They cut through the rail to which the bike was locked. I'm quite upset about this as this is the only way I can get to work for a 6am start(no buses before 6).

Just wondering if anyone knows what I can do to find the bike.

Bike: cube-sl-road-blacknblue-2018
    Stolen from: The Island Block Block G Chapelizod, underground parking

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Nothing. report to guards, keep looking on done deal/social media to see does it appear for sale.

Not a good start to your day. Does the carpark have CCTV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Keep an eye on Donedeal and Adverts.ie. AS already mentioned, report it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭secman

Sorry to hear OP, but underground car parks are notorious for bikes being stolen, hopefully you get some luck checking done deal and adverts. But keep your bike in the apartment, a colleague in work had a bike stolen in his under ground car park the second night after he bought the bike, had 3 locks on the bike. The replacement bike is now kept in the apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stolenCubeBike

I haven't been to the Guards yet as I had to get to work. Will do so as soon as I am out. I'll keep an eye out on Adverts and DoneDeal. Will check with security if they have footage - I need closure ... or my bike back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Check CCTV, report to gardai etc..

The truth is though, the majority of these thieves are not locals.

A guy who went to school with me, who grew up to be an absolute scumbag approached me a year ago offering to get me a top class bike, said they rob them over the Southside and Kildare etc.

Dirtbag

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

My Trek 8.4 DS 2016 was stolen from the underground car park of my apartment block ( located off the Grace Park Road , Drumcondra) between Saturday afternoon and Monday morning.
    Not sure what the point is of posting this but maybe someone will come across it for sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

My Trek 8.4 DS 2016 was stolen from the underground car park of my apartment block ( located off the Grace Park Road , Drumcondra) between Saturday afternoon and Monday morning.
    Not sure what the point is of posting this but maybe someone will come across it for sale
    I assume you have a bike cage at your apartment. Any details on how they got in?

KOR101 wrote: »
    I assume you have a bike cage at your apartment. Any details on how they got in?

Probably just waited until someone was going out to open the gate. I subsequently discovered there is a locked room that i can get a key for.. but they could brake in there too I’m sure. I had it locked to a steel pole in view of a camera ( 2 kryptonite locks). Will see what the cctv turns up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

If you have a photo, stick it up, even if it's just a photo of the stock model
    You can also put up on
    https://twitter.com/stolenbikesdub
    That's really the main benefit as I see it. More eyeballs.
    Also the chance somebody will see it abandoned somewhere, probably more likely for opportunistic thefts though.
    I'm also in Drumcondra, will keep an eye out.

Thanks. Picked up something to keep me going from Bolton Cycles this afternoon until my bike is returned :) The Eastern European guy who appears to run the shop is sound and gave me a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Probably just waited until someone was going out to open the gate. I subsequently discovered there is a locked room that i can get a key for.. but they could brake in there too I’m sure. I had it locked to a steel pole in view of a camera ( 2 kryptonite locks). Will see what the cctv turns up
    2 kryptonite locks and still stolen. They were determined thieves.

Keep us posted.

From FB:

474353.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 45 theelous3

YT capra al comp stolen from around hanlon's corner, by stoneybatter, yesterday at midday.

I'm offering a €1,000 reward on this.

Can contact me via PM or on reddit / twitter by the same username :)

PSfdDRH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ouch, sorry for your loss. How did they get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Will keep an eye out in case it pops up online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Sharing this from the Stoneybatter FB page, this has been abandoned, possibly stolen, if anyone recognises it.

54514739_10156822105420202_9080041174231678976_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_eui2=AeHeuPIKwfMvzUSWFd0VX0KisnVUCe4QPWfBMpv8PhwXFY6HZMG629RIysLtn1xuaTejTscbOkS-OIaiWReB9zzWtMwSdxYHZhGe8bSyHnIMKw&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=e4affb5a2cb866caffc1d1565c22677b&oe=5D1C2C5D

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

This looks a lot like this one. I can't make out the tyres though:

Apologies if I'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Hauk wrote: »

Apologies if I'm wrong!
    Jeez. so anyone who has a bike resembling a stock photo that someone posts is likely to have stolen that bike?

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Jeez. so anyone who has a bike resembling a stock photo that someone posts is likely to have stolen that bike?

No, just trying to help being honest. He says it's not a common model and has Continental tyres on it which matches that description.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Hauk wrote: »

Apologies if I'm wrong!

That bike is for sale for over 3months, at least an offer was made for it 3 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Eamonnator wrote: »
    That bike is for sale for over 3months, at least an offer was made for it 3 months ago

The bike that was stolen was taken a year ago. Not to suggest that the one in the ad is the same bike. Remarkable that Hauk was able to remember the bike from last year.

check_six wrote: »
    The bike that was stolen was taken a year ago. Not to suggest that the one in the ad is the same bike. Remarkable that Hauk was able to remember the bike from last year.

I'm two days from finishing up my current job and don't have much to do so I went back through the thread to see if anything matched any current ads. :o

Just trying to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

check_six wrote: »

That's mad.
    I thought it was March this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

The seller seems remarkably uninformed on the matter of bike sizing.

Advertisement