Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭annejohn91

Carrera TDF black edition from Halfords was stolen at Ballyowen shopping centre in Lucan at 8pm this evening. It had a continental tyre on back wheel and an expensive front light almost like a torch. If anyone hears of anyone selling it please contact garda station in Lucan as they know my details thanks

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Local guy had a bike stolen from outside his house a few weeks ago. Spotted someone riding it locally today. Pulled up and after an "exchange of words" with the rider "repossessed" the bike and reported it all to the Gardai:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Beasty wrote: »
    Local guy had a bike stolen from outside his house a few weeks ago. Spotted someone riding it locally today. Pulled up and after an "exchange of words" with the rider "repossessed" the bike and reported it all to the Gardai:)
    Result! Nice one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 king_crisps

Mate just had his Trek Madone 4.7 stolen in Ranelagh area. Can't post links, but it's fairly distinctive. White with seat post and stem sprayed white too. Fulcrum Racing 5's.

Will obviously be keeping an eye on all the usual spots, but any heads up appreciated.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

My black and silver Dawes Discovery 201 stolen overnight from bike shed in the front garden, Dun Laoghaire. Broadsheet posted it for me today:

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/10/27/we-dont-normally-do-this-41/

It's had a black back carrier fitted since the pic on Broadsheet was taken. Anyone sees it, notification here or to Dun Laoghaire Garda station. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Red_Open

Had my bike stolen today from Beechwood Luas stop. Its a Claud Butler Criterium. Its black and white with a yellow, green and black saddle with blue tyres and the gears are built into the brakes. Send me a pm if you see it please.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

Red_Open wrote: »
    Had my bike stolen today from Beechwood Luas stop. Its a Claud Butler Criterium. Its black and white with a yellow, green and black saddle with blue tyres and the gears are built into the brakes. Send me a pm if you see it please.

thats two bikes stroked from the beechwood luas / dunville avenue area yest (see king crisps post above) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Saw approx 4 youths climbing over walls with bikes in floraville apartments in inchicore on the sarsfield road at 18:30 today. Rang the gardai but my directions were poor. Sorry for those if your bike was taken! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Hey!

I was outside the GPO in cork today at around 5:20 when I saw a guy sawing a D lock off of a white girls bike. I took photos.

Should I report it to the police or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

gubbie wrote: »
    Hey!

I was outside the GPO in cork today at around 5:20 when I saw a guy sawing a D lock off of a white girls bike. I took photos.

Seriously? Should you report a crime?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Hey!

Ya, you should report it to the Gardaí.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Hey!

Just a bit late now - did you think of calling the Gardai while it was happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mixomatosis

Lombardo Amantea 200 stolen from underground carpark in Crosbie's Yard, Ossory Road, East wall between Wednesday and Friday this week. I owned my bike for a total of 2 months before it was stolen =/

It's a gents 22" hybrid, dark grey (almost black) with blue trim on the handles. Bought first hand in August this year.

I reported it to the Garda who remarked that a few people this week have reported stolen bikes from this apartment complex.

My lock was sliced through with an Angle grinder, boards restrictions mean I can't post a link to the pic of the lock and how it was sliced. At any rate it is a Kryptonite Series #2, cost about 65 euro.

I also found a few other sliced up locks nearby so I guess I'm not the only victim of thievery in Crosbie's yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ken_f

Evening,
    2010 Satin Black Whyte 901 nicked from Suffolk street, opposite side of the road to O'Neals pub/Ulster bank.
    White DMR pedals
    New pair of Continental travel tires on it
    20 cent pieces in the bar ends
    RRP splash guard on the Recon fork, crud catcher on the downtube and some cheap mudguard on the seatpost
    Some frame wear on the inside of the lower left triangle from a tyre
    Grey Elixir 3's and SLX triple.

Please let me know if you see anyone trying to sell one on. Or join me in wishing them many over-the-bars on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Glencree

Anyone know of a KTM orange gents mountainbike being nicked about 6 months ago? Not too many of them around.

Possibly west Dublin, Lucan/clondalkin/liffeyvalley areas?

If you had one stolen or know anyone who had drop me a message, might have some good news for ya.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17 connolly1991

Please can you help. I have found my partners bike online being sold by someone on Adverts but the guards said they cant help me until Friday but the bike will be sold by then. its my local garda station that I reported it to but I tried contacting the city centre guards as this is where the bike is but they said they cannot help me either as I already reported it to my local garda station. what are my options if you know?

His bike was stolen a few days ago and now its being advertised online. Should I meet with the person myself and get the bike back because I am 100% sure its the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

RainyDay wrote: »
    Just a bit late now - did you think of calling the Gardai while it was happening?

At the time that I came across it, he was just finishing cutting it off and about 2 minutes later he was off so didn't think any point of doing so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

His bike was stolen a few days ago and now its being advertised online. Should I meet with the person myself and get the bike back because I am 100% sure its the bike.

If anyone should go to it it should be your partner so they can actually identify it, imagine the gardai do turn up and you say, well its not mine per se, it is my partners.

Apologies I mean my partner would of course go, but I just cannot believe the guards wont help. I always assumed that would help in these situations. its worth a lot of money this bike and practically brand new. I just don't know how my partner should go about it.. Just ask to meet the guy in person and then what? snatch the bike back? We are just too worried to do this

We both don't drive :( plus they may know my partner as they were watching him when he locked up the bike as it was snatched minutes later. Its being held far enough away from where it is stolen. This person is selling a lot of stuff that is obviously stolen so I thought the guards would want to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Get in touch with the Garda ombudsman or ask to speak to a Superintendent. The guards are letting you down here. It is not acceptable.
    I would not let this go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Get in touch with the Garda ombudsman or ask to speak to a Superintendent. The guards are letting you down here. It is not acceptable.
    I would not let this go.

It's seems like a really awkward system they've got there. We can't help, because you talked to someone else first, and now you are their "customer". It's not a sales job, or a taxi rank thing ( I hope!)

Maybe claiming that everything is okay and that you'll sort it yourself when you find the hachet in your shed might pique their interest!

Garda from a different station is getting involved. I will keep you posted. Hopefully it will all be sorted by tomorrow according to the Garda. I am not losing hope (just yet)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please can you help. I have found my partners bike online being sold by someone on Adverts but the guards said they cant help me until Friday but the bike will be sold by then. its my local garda station that I reported it to but I tried contacting the city centre guards as this is where the bike is but they said they cannot help me either as I already reported it to my local garda station. what are my options if you know?

The only advice we can offer here is to leave it for the Gardai to deal with.

I've just deleted a couple of posts and a follow up. Do not suggest anything that involves taking the law into your own hands. Any questions PM me. Do not respond in thread

good news the detective got the bike back for us and the guy is now in custody and his house is being searched :) soooo happy Thanks everyone for the advice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

good news the detective got the bike back for us and the guy is now in custody and his house is being searched :) soooo happy Thanks everyone for the advice :)

great news wish more would follow up like you did also.

These idiots should not get away with it

Advertisement