Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Call Gaurds, provide all the info you have, then the gaurds will do a request of information to the website, the company running the website must comply.

That's not the case, they'd need a court order to compel disclosure.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

fdx wrote: »
    STOLEN BIKE - BLACK PEUGEOT on the 20th of December 2014 in OPERA LANE at around 5 pm. Please share this post.

BLACK PEUGEOT with black basket on front and black rack . The handle bar is straight.

No seat cover so its just a piece of plastic... extremally unconfortable...

As a new user I cant post picture... but if you can copy link below. bike looks like this:

scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/9483_828677090508685_2352787220561539698_n.jpg?oh=9f78ef1e4ee307401282b552b9b04647&oe=5540C727

Thanks for any info (its my sister bike)

9483_828677090508685_2352787220561539698_n.jpg?oh=9f78ef1e4ee307401282b552b9b04647&oe=5540C727

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hellcomer52

Stolen: had my old Peugeot triathlon stolen from blackrock last Saturday (20/12/14) it's all white with a chrome fork and fairly old and battered looking, has numerous stickers on it with one rear brake and also ridiculously short handlebars which are covered with black electrical tape, it was a single speed and had an old Mavic aksium race wheel with a battered gator skin tyre, it's a really distinctive bike, I made it appear that way for such moments as these.. It was taken from underneath the walkway bridge in blackrock beside the dart station around 2am its been reported to the gardai and I'm keeping my eyes peeled but I'm assuming it won't show up.. I'd really appreciate any info at all, hopefully I can get a few pics up soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pcos100

Silver Trek 1200 stolen from Dundrum 20th Dec. Will post pic later.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Meathman12

Merida Crossway Suntour SR Matt Black with Lime writing and lines Alexrim wheels Ladies bike. Black plastic mud guards. Equipped with removeable Grey child seat over back wheel. Will post pictures tomorrow. Navan, Co. Meath

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Not stolen but lost, hopefully this is ok in here... Aer Lingus managed to loose Byan McCrystal's bike, €11K

BIKE-600x337.jpg
    Having ridden for the all-conquering Aquablue team for the past couple of seasons, top Irish rider Bryan McCrystal travelled to Frankfurt earlier this month to launch the next phase of his career.

Attending an event to mark the launch of his new squad Team ASEA, McCrystal flew from Dublin with Aer Lingus.

He brought his time trial bike worth between €10,000 and €11,000 to use in a display at a business conference being held in Frankfurt by the US-based ASEA sponsor.

But while the event went without a hitch, the same cannot be said for McCrystal’s return journey.

His bike was loaded onto the Aer Lingus flight he was travelling on. But almost four weeks later, the bike has not been seen since.

And according to McCrystal, the maximum the airline will pay out in compensation is €1,200.

The bike is a Trek Speed Concept 9 Series TT machine.

The frame is two years old but has recently been resprayed in the livery of his new team.

And all of the components are new including a Shimano Di2 Ultegra groupset, a Fast Forward three spoke carbon front wheel and a rear disc wheel.

Worth keeping an eye out for...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hellcomer52

^^ i saw that! got a feeling that wasn't "lost" i reckon some chancer thought it was a good looking bike worth a few bob and took it, not realising who it belonged to and how much it was worth..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

^^ i saw that! got a feeling that wasn't "lost" i reckon some chancer thought it was a good looking bike worth a few bob and took it, not realising who it belonged to and how much it was worth..

You saw it for sale? The Bryan McCrystal bike? It would definitely be worth getting in touch with the original owner, if you don't know how feel free to pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

You saw it for sale? The Bryan McCrystal bike? It would definitely be worth getting in touch with the original owner, if you don't know how feel free to pm me.

I think he means that whats the chancer said when he came across the bike! :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Just an update; Aer Lingus have located Bryan's bike in Frankfurt and it's on it's way home.
    Not stolen but lost, hopefully this is ok in here... Aer Lingus managed to loose Byan McCrystal's bike, €11K

http://www.stickybottle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/BIKE-600x337.jpg

Worth keeping an eye out for...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Just an update; Aer Lingus have located Bryan's bike in Frankfurt and it's on it's way home.

Did they locate the €5k that must have been in the saddle bag.

Surely that isn't €11k worth of bike. :confused:

Good to hear it was found though.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/552849075998318593/photo/1

This came up on my Twitter feed just now, in case anyone is missing what looks like a dual suspension Kona MTB and Trek Hardtail MTB.

They're being sold from the Waterford area but from a more recent tweet from the Gards a third bike was identified by the owner after it was stolen from Dublin. So they could've been pinched from anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭JGEP

Stolen from outside SuperValu in Ranelagh at half 6 yesterday. Locked to the bike rack, really busy time of day, gone inside for 15 mins. She had it two weeks, bástárds :mad:

Apologies for image size!

2ytqhrq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

^^^^^ That is one beautiful bike. I'll keep my eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

JGEP wrote: »
    Stolen from outside SuperValu in Ranelagh at half 6 yesterday. Locked to the bike rack, really busy time of day, gone inside for 15 mins. She had it two weeks, bástárds :mad:

ANy shops facing close by or even a bus passed by at that time may catch the person.

Have Gardai been notified?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Paulpalu

found an Apollo bike in Dublin 4 area if anybody has had one stolen recently pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭funkyuser

Was it locked with the kryptonite in that photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭27cyrix

funkyuser wrote: »

Want to ask the same question. I use that kryptonite as primary lock. Maybe it is time to get a New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,292 ✭✭✭✭endacl

27cyrix wrote: »
    Want to ask the same question. I use that kryptonite as primary lock. Maybe it is time to get a New York.

Still a kryptonite...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭27cyrix

endacl wrote: »
    Still a kryptonite...?

Probably, any suggestion?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

if it is the supervalu I know, the bike rack they have is a disgrace, they should be banned from every spot as they are flimsy and unsafe
    Same as this one

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭eladnova

Damn, sorry to hear that JPEG. I know the area well so I'll keep an eye out for it for what it's worth. 6:30 is a very busy time around there so I'm suprised noone copped it was being interferred with.

Lets us know about the lock too as other posters had questioned.

funkyuser wrote: »

Unfortunately no, it was locked with a cable lock, can't remember the brand but it was a good one. It's my fianceé's bike and she would usually use the kryptonite lock but she didn't need it in work and hadn't planned on stopping on the way home.

Notified the Gardaí in Donnybrook and they said the cctv there is crap but they might be able to see what direction they went and there are other, better cctv cameras nearby. Typical, the worst cctv is the one nearest the bike rack!

Also, she just got it and hadn't taken the serial number yet and the bike shop aren't being the most helpful. Would've thought they'd still have it on record as it was such a recent sale but all she's getting is "The manager's not in, we'll call back" and when speaking to the manager "Well if the others tried yesterday I prob won't be able to help, I'll call back". No call back either time.

They get pretty much all the bike to work scheme sales from a large company in town and don't seem to really give a crap once the sale is made.

Apologies, rant!

eladnova wrote: »
    Damn, sorry to hear that JPEG. I know the area well so I'll keep an eye out for it for what it's worth. 6:30 is a very busy time around there so I'm suprised noone copped it was being interferred with.

Lets us know about the lock too as other posters had questioned.

When she went out, there was a crappy old bike unlocked beside it, so I'd imagine they cycled up on that, bent down pretending to do the lock on that, cut the lock off hers and cycled away, taking the cut lock as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭eladnova

When she went out, there was a crappy old bike unlocked beside it, so I'd imagine they cycled up on that, bent down pretending to do the lock on that, cut the lock off hers and cycled away, taking the cut lock as well.

Exactly what happened to my own GFs bike which was relatively new too. Proper lock was sticking so we used a cable lock thinking it'd be temporary. Ironically, it was :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm almost tempted to cable lock a bike and wait nearby, means I could miss MMA training for an evening :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I saw those crappy bike racks at supervalue balinteer, can't believe people use them. They don't look set in the concreate properly at all. Anyone with a decent bike seems to lock them to the railings around the balinteer house pub.
    100 times better off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I saw those crappy bike racks at supervalue balinteer, can't believe people use them. They don't look set in the concreate properly at all. Anyone with a decent bike seems to lock them to the railings around the balinteer house pub.
    100 times better off...

I can't believe that Supervalu paid to install them - useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sausagekayak

My bike was stolen from exactly the same spot on Wednesday between 10 and 12. I was in the flyefit gym over the supermarket for 2 hours and came out to see it gone.
    I went into the manager and asked about cameras, this bike rack is in a blind spot so no hope there. They keep the footage for 7 days so Ill get the gards to have a look but im pretty sure its a lost cause now.
    Will you update the thread if you have any success, ill do the same.

Advertisement