Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

My club mate Rosie's bike was stolen last Friday outside her workplace beside the card club on Fitzwilliam St just off Fitzwilliam Sq.

Here's a picture of the bike, it's a Claude Butler Dalesman:

claud-butler-dalesman-touring-bike-57187.jpg

Hers was slightly different colour, a very light greenish-blue.

And the lock

172555.JPG

we reckon it's a sz 52.
    Please contact me if you see it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

that lock looks just like a "Oxford Armoured Cable lock" do you know is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

My silver Trek 7.2FX hybrid was stolen from Scoil Uí Chonaill GAA club in Clontarf this evening.

It looks more or less like this one but a good bit dirtier - it's more silver than grey too. It has a tortec silver rear rack and had an Altura blue and silver pannier on when it was stolen (and the pannier had a nice Kryptonite mini-evo lock in it - FFS!). The rear tyre is a new semi-slick bontrager hard case and it has black BBB pedals rather than the stock silver ones. There's a bracket for a child seat on the seat tube. No pie plate or wheel reflectors.
    trek-72-fx.jpg

In the highly unlikely event that anyone comes across this for sale, you might let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Last week I had a Rockhopper and a Trek 4300 stolen out of the car :mad: in the Kinsale, Cork area. Miraculously recovered by the Gardaí yesterday, at the same time they recovered another Rockhopper in an unsual/maybe custom red and blue colourway which looked standard to me and an unbranded singlespeed frame in a bronze colourway which had been stripped of it's running gear. Anyone who has been robbed of those bikes feel free to PM me and I'll put you on to the Garda concerned with the bikes. Garda of course is going to try and find the owners but I thought I'd put it up here too.

Bikes recovered in Kinsale/Ballinspittle/Ballinadee area, Co. Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

Robbed in a smash and grab from the back of my Van this morning at about 11.15am. The Garda have the 3 involved but as yet no sign of the bike.

http://bikereviews.com/road-bikes/trek/2010-trek/trek-2-1-road-bike/
    Is the exact colours of the bike but with a changed saddle, saddle bag and bottle cages.

Taken from Santry Dublin 9 so if anyone from the Santry, Ballymum and Finglas area hears anything please please let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 arturg

2 bikes were stolen from back garden in Clonee area Dublin 15 on Friday 2nd September between 22:30 and 24:00.

Bike1:
    MTB Carrera Vengeance Ltd 2010 model
    Black 20 inch frame, white XCD wheels
    Tyres: front WTB 2.5, rear WTB 2.3
    White Rockshox Dart 1 forks
    Shimano 24 speed gearing with SRAM 4 rear mech
    Shimano BR-M445 hydraulic disc brakes, fron 180 mm, rear 205 mm
    Saddle grey/black

Bike2:
    MTB Carrera Vulcan Ladies 2010 model
    White 16" frame with light blue "Carrera" decals
    Chainset: Suntour CW-XCT
    Forks: Suntour XCT-V2 100mm Travel
    Brakes: Tektro IO mechanical disc
    Gear Shifters: SRAM X4 24 Speed Trigger
    Black Wheels: Formula Alloy hubs, alloy rims
    Pedals: Wellgo Alloy Black
    Rear Mech: SRAM X4
    Tyres: Innova Saddle: Carrera
    White mudguards fitted

Any help is much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭spikeprint

My girlfriends bike was stolen from our flat on Arran Street East on Saturday 3rd September 2011. It was an Apollo Mens road bike, balck, but it was spray painted with orange so it looks like a tiger. Only the main frame is sprayed, the forks and back end are black. The Apollo logo is still intact on the main bar just below the saddle.

It's a very distinctive bike, given the colour, and it would be instantly recognised by us if someone was cycling. Its not worth very much, we would just like to have it back from the scumbag that stole it out of our front door. Neighbours bike was also stolen, a white mountain bike with a carrier, but I have no other details of that.

Any help would be greatly appriciated, people who steal bikes are the lowest form of humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭doc1976

Is there any correlation between "Back to School" and bike theft???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

doc1976 wrote: »
    Is there any correlation between "Back to School" and bike theft???
    Why would there be?

• Advertisement

Just wondering if there is a spike around this time of year? Sending the kids to school must be expensive enough and a nice cheap bike could be very tempting.

Just wondering if there is a spike around this time of year? Sending the kids to school must be expensive enough and a nice cheap bike could be very tempting.
    I'm not sure if more bikes are stolen in response to a demand for them. I thought they were sold on cheaply as soon as possible. I know of a guy who, sadly, will buy a stolen bike. €50 is what they go for.

I'm not sure if more bikes are stolen in response to a demand for them. I thought they were sold on cheaply as soon as possible. I know of a guy who, sadly, will buy a stolen bike. €50 is what they go for.

I've never heard of anyone on this being offered a stolen bike so where the hell are they going. I don't buy the "being sold for parts" as surely wouldn't be worth it.

I've never heard of anyone on this being offered a stolen bike so where the hell are they going. I don't buy the "being sold for parts" as surely wouldn't be worth it.
    Smithfield is a hotspot for selling bikes apparently. I guess you have to go looking for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MigleMakelyte

I had my bicycle stolen in Galway 2nd September from near the new Engineering building NUIG :(
    It is a PANTHER Pro-CX 200 with dark grey, brown colours.
    Picture attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭camroc76

Specialized Camber Comp Stolen today from my apartment block between 11:20 and 2:30pm.

Abus cable snipped, lock left intact. Lock to bike storage shed pryed with screwdriver.

Bike similiar to this
    http://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/bc/SBCProduct.jsp?spid=62247&scid=1100&scname=Mountain

except the colour is red instead of black.

Reported to Donnybrook Station

This was a replacement for my mountain bike which was stolen last month. Very very angry over this. Any information greatly appreciated.

Did i say i was angry ? needless to say i dont think i will be buying another bike soon. Congrats assholes, another car on the road !!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 markc1983

Focus Arriba 2008 (Black) stolen from my home in County Louth. Unique features would be bar ends and FSA rims as these were fitted after purchase.

Would love to get it back as it has huge sentimental value. Used this bike to cycle from Ireland to Istanbul this year.

310593_10150366260352125_678952124_9763898_52341937_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭sgriffin

hi guys,

the shed was broken into saturday night (dublin 24 ), they made away with two bikes but we got one back.

the outstanding bike is a Corratec Superbow World Cup

Full Xt
    Fox 100 rlc

thanks for looking any information contact shane by pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

camroc76 wrote: »
    Did i say i was angry ? needless to say i dont think i will be buying another bike soon. Congrats assholes, another car on the road !!
    Two bikes robbed is a really bad buzz... I wouldn't give up on bikes yet, just check out one of the better locks and get your bikes covered by your house insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭camroc76

Thanks mammy, i didn't know you had an boards account:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Duckfoot

Alright lads
    Had my Kona lavadome stolen from outside pearse street garda st yesterday, absolutely gutted.
    Its a purple frame with white grips, white pedals and white magura brakes.
    I know its a long shot but if anyone sees it around my no. is <snip>.
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Aforementioned lavadome frame looks like this. Very distinctive as it was one of the last frames Kona did in steel before going aluminium. The bits on it would stand out too but presumably they'll be stripped off.

PM me with any details, Duckfoot has too low a postcount!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DeeDee79

Hello,

My housemates Felt B16 2009 with HED 3 Clincher wheelset and my Storck Scenero 2011 road bike have been stolen from our house earlier today.

Can everyone please keep an eye out or if anyone is approached by anyone trying to sell these bikes or if you spot them on any websites , please let me know ASAP!

This would be much appreciated, pics attached.
    Thanks
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gino2010

Hi all.

Had my cannondale bad boy stolen from bike shed outside my home in clontarf this week. Was chained to a wooden girder inside the shed, feckers broke in and cut through the girder to rob the bike.
    Its matte black, disk brakes both wheels and a single headshok suspension on front.
    Some more info kindly supplied by bikedude, a previous owner (thanks!)..

"Some more technical information on the components so it's easier to identify the bike.

Hope Breaks ( 203 Front / 160 Back)
    It’s unusual to see the front break on this ones with 203 in front as is the Hope Breaks.
    Headshock Suspension
    Continental Tires
    The Cannondale Sticks are Black but reflect on light.
    And the sticks on the seat stays (Handmade in USA)

Truvativ Crank set (Firex)
    Scram X7 Shifters and Rear Gears.
    Deore on Front."

And a pic..
    9jogud.jpg

Any info is much appreciated,
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

ws9svk.jpg

Dirty ba$tards robbed this at some stage today from the Kilmacud Luas. Damn those battery powered angle grinders from Lidl.

Anyways, I'll be with the Garda soon and maybe there is some cctv from the Luas, but if people here could help keep an eye out for it, I might get lucky.

Damn great bike, karma built it for me. There is some happy thief out there now, wow I want to ruin his day.

Walking is so damn s l o o o o w, how do people put up with it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Anyone know who might have lost a Giant on O'Connell Street today?
    This guy has some photos of the thieving barstewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 aworthycause

I am the guy who saw some fairly choice dodgies having a go at bike locks on O'Connell St. They were rolling the combination locks till they clicked. The lock I saw being opened was on a Giant hybrid, black with panniers, looked fairly new.
    I took a photo, so send me a message or tweet me (@inquisitioneu) if it was your bike.
    I'm not posting pictures here so don't ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Hi all,

Just a warning to all, had my bike stolen from the bike rack outside Dunnes Stores on Georges Street last night sometime between 7-8pm.

Was in guitar lessons in Waltons so may have been watched locking the bike up and heading across.

It's a black trek 7.3fx with two dents on the saddle side of the bar. If anyone sees it for sale please drop me a PM, it'd be much appreciated.

Had a Kryptonite cable lock which clearly didn't cause the thief too many issues!

Reported to the Guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭com1

My Felt F95 was taken from my shed last night at 4am (a neighbour disturbed them). It is similar to the one in the picture with a white metal bottlecage and mini pump on the down tube and a black metal bottlecage on the seat tube, Shimano R540 pedals, a small saddlebag, a detatchable rear mudguard and a cateye computer attached to the stem (the senser is on the front wheel). just stuck a set of aldi lights on it last night too. I would appreciate it if you could let me know (post here or pm) if you spot it.

Thanks
    COM1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 BigBadTom

http://3j7yhw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pbqmRQb_VmfsuZRhp_Grr3KDFAokPsYtmd2-_X0N21Kw3G235Thg2z-QhOAKuzXSPP7I8_9fBVFfL-D3V4BCewg/100_3852.JPG

Planet-X SL PRo, very simular to the one above with a cheap set of Shimano Wheels.

Looking at this article is giving me a tiny bit of hope.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055906483

Will head down to the Police station after work.
    <snip>

Advertisement