Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live should be free

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I find it strange that a thread about Xbox Live has turned into a discussion about RROD etc.

I've got both consoles myself. Honestly, I don't see any major differences between online play from both consoles myself.

Xbox Live has been relatively cheap lately if you look around. A lot cheaper than it was anyway.

I don't mind paying for Xbox Live. It's a good service and you do pay for what you get for. Customer service is sublime and are available on demand. The extra features on Live is justifiable in paying the price for it with Sky/Zune etc available on demand.

It's a lot better moderated than PSN for sure but tbh I don't notice any lack of quality of play from either.

All in all, it's a quality service but I don't believe that it should be entirely free. There's usually deals everywhere on a 12 month subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

XBOX-LIVE.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

HEY!!!dont post pics of my missus:mad:

"wish she was my missus":o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Xbox Live would be awesome if it were free. Unfortunately it's not, but I'm still happy to pay it. They are lightyears ahead of Sony when it comes to the overall online experience, no thanks to implementing full online compatibility to the original Xbox. I was recently told that Sony have gained ground on Microsoft but they still fall down on so many levels such as ease of use and effective matchmaking.

As already pointed out, it works out at less than a euro a week. If you were really stuck for money, you could get that from checking a payphone every day! I waste a lot more than a euro a week on pointless expenses so am grateful that I can come home and be able to rely on a top-notch and well thought out service, unlike the online integration of the PS3 which at times seems like an after-thought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

http://rewards.xbox.com/

This looks pretty cool, MS points for basically using xbox live... Its not loads but it'd help out somewhat.

but the amount of things we cant get/use on xbox live because we aren't in America is getting ridiculous. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Star_Cow

I agree its bad enough paying for it! Since it wastes away even if you don't use it! Just like the standing price of your electricity bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Korvanica wrote: »
    http://rewards.xbox.com/

This looks pretty cool, MS points for basically using xbox live... Its not loads but it'd help out somewhat.

but the amount of things we cant get/use on xbox live because we aren't in America is getting ridiculous. :mad:
    Actually the UK have access to the Rewards Program to so I'd say it's only a matter of time until we get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

gizmo wrote: »
    Actually the UK have access to the Rewards Program to so I'd say it's only a matter of time until we get it.
    They also have access to indie games :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Healium wrote: »
    They also have access to indie games :p
    Touche :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Looks like a free XBox Live weekend next weekend (21-25 Apr) Link
    Xbox LIVE Community Making Historic Guinness World Record Attempt Through “Kinect Sports” on April 23

Marking a free weekend of entertainment on Xbox LIVE, dubbed Xbox Nations, “Kinect Sports” players around the globe will join together and attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the ‘largest online 100m sprint’ at 10 a.m. PDT on Saturday, April 23. Players can participate by jumping on Xbox LIVE, firing up “Kinect Sports,” and running a 100-meter dash event at 10:00 a.m. PDT. Each and every runner will be rewarded with an exclusive Xbox and Guinness World Record Avatar t-shirt. Rare has more details on their blog.

Key Dates:
    Xbox Nations (free weekend of Xbox LIVE Gold) April 21 – April 25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

superfish wrote: »
    true but I doubt anyone has an early model that still works

i do. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

garv123 wrote: »
    i do. :)

you just jinxed youself man ;)

-=al=- wrote: »
    you just jinxed youself man ;)

that xbox owes me nothing. she might be revving like a chainsaw but its still working. must take it apart and see can i clean some dust off it gently.
    its got serious hours up on it. 550 on battlefield alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

If you bring it up to me in Kilkenny, I'll clean it for you, Garv.

f*ck F*ck F*ck F*ck F*ck me and my big mouth jinxed myself

i blame -=al=- for saying it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

lulz

I hate to say I tol..... nah i won't :)

pretty funny though! (well in a way)

:pac:

-=al=- wrote: »
    I hate to say I tol..... nah i won't :)

pretty funny though! (well in a way)

:pac:

its ok now :D. it was 4 red lights but now its ok again :D for now

I'd give it 2 weeks... max... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Same thing happened to Raze last year! He posted here that he had an original 360, less than an hour later it RRoD'd... priceless

• Advertisement

Moral of the story... if you have an old xbox, NEVER ever mention it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Same thing happened to Raze last year! He posted here that he had an original 360, less than an hour later it RRoD'd... priceless
    A now in all fairness i had been bragging about it for a good 2 months and then it borke on a launch day :D

I remember that one alrite ^^^ pretty funny

Ive my old one downstairs still in a diff room, must get it fixed if i get some spare $$ soon.. think i got my new one within a week of the release date, was out of action for about 4 weeks, mine was 4 years old and crapped out a few weeks before the new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Healium wrote: »
    My only gripe with Xbox LIVE is that Europe gets screwed over; America gets everything. I'd also like access to indie games, I'd like the price of Microsoft Points to be in line with the American costs, and I'd like the ability to migrate my account.

But, Xbox seems to have the better gaming community, it's policed a lot more, and it's just an easier interface to deal with. They make it so easy for you to give them money :(

For less than €1 a week, it's definitely worth it. Even if it's just for the rare epic sales i.e. Splosion Man for €2, Mass Effect 2 DLC for €2.50. Microsoft also seem to have better arcade exclusives, and these guys often produce better games than the likes of EA.

I think the cost of DLC is quite good compared to the USA. Everytime I see a website post the average cost of a DLC it seems to work out roughly at its Euro trading cost. one of the reasons I dont like the PSN or Steam is that you get $ = € conversion ratios. Charging €50 for a PC game on Steam thats less than 2/3 that in a store isnt fun, Valve.

As for the cost of Gold, the Gold Sub "Deal of the Week" more than makes up for the initial cost. Must have bought around €20 worth of games the last few weeks from these deals, and at half price on most of those thats €20 of the €40 14 month card. If I can get €20 more of savings from them between now and March 2012 thats my Gold sub free for 14 months, more or less.

I want to renew my xbox live subscription. I'd like to get it in HMV for €39... Would they accept a trade in on blu-ray discs? I have about 3 I'd like to get rid of, never even used them yet. Got a load of them Monday from America and the ones I'd trade in are Region Free so they play over here no problem.

Would HMV accept them? Should get a tenner each at least for them if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Suspiria79 wrote: »
    I want to renew my xbox live subscription. I'd like to get it in HMV for €39... Would they accept a trade in on blu-ray discs? I have about 3 I'd like to get rid of, never even used them yet. Got a load of them Monday from America and the ones I'd trade in are Region Free so they play over here no problem.

Would HMV accept them? Should get a tenner each at least for them if so.

Dont think they take blue rays at all, Game stop do but you would be better holding on to them for what they would give for them.

Well, it does say on the box Not Authorized for sale outside USA or Canada. So I suppose they wouldn't accept to avoid being sued.

Advertisement