Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paul Gogarty on the John Murray Show

• 01-04-2011 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody hear it? April Fools...I hope

If there's one person who knows about comedy, it's John Murray

*cue tumbleweed*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Gogarty must be desperate for work.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

what did he say/do?

was it this?

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0401/gogartyp.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I think Murray fancies himself as Spike Milligan or a Python, can someone please tell him it's pure sh1te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I would hope by this stage someone knows.

As soon as Kia pull the sponsorship, it's gonzo.

Terrible shite , totally useless and cringe inducing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

of course it was an april fools..did you hear the singing ffs..

and the sooner john murray gets run over the better...

i wonder would he laugh so much about banks etc if he wasnt working for lushes in rte...a fooking disgrace the man is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

i used to listen to Tubridy when he was on Radio 1, but since Murray took over, I wouldnt listen to the show if my life depended on it . He is useless, totally useless . My mate had been telling me to shift to Ivan Yates and i have done for the last few months. Yates isnt always great, but when he is, he is fantastic . It is a mortal sin, the money RTE waste on average presenters . When they decided to move Tubridy to 2FM they should have looked outside the box for someone new , rather than giving the gig to the next guy in line, seniority wise .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

i used to listen to Tubridy when he was on Radio 1, but since Murray took over, I wouldnt listen to the show if my life depended on it . He is useless, totally useless . My mate had been telling me to shift to Ivan Yates and i have done for the last few months. Yates isnt always great, but when he is, he is fantastic . It is a mortal sin, the money RTE waste on average presenters . When they decided to move Tubridy to 2FM they should have looked outside the box for someone new , rather than giving the gig to the next guy in line, seniority wise .

I would say he did not get the gig on seniority,rather to free up a spot for the 6 week TD George Lee, on the Saturday slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

I would say he did not get the gig on seniority,rather to free up a spot for the 6 week TD George Lee, on the Saturday slot.
    I see where you are coming from, but i dont think so . The 9-10AM slot is crucial, it enables Radio 1 to hold on to their Morning Ireland listeners for the PK show, which is a serious money show, advertiseing wise . Radio stations are very loathe to let you move at all, for fear you wont come back again. In that regard its only the fact that PK is so good that manages to keep the whole show on the road, in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

.... If there's one person who knows about comedy, it's John Murray

*cue tumbleweed*
    Poly wrote: »
    I think Murray fancies himself as Spike Milligan or a Python, can someone please tell him it's pure sh1te

LOL, so true! :D

Advertisement