Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Makeup Artists/Hairdressers/Stylists Prices

• 01-04-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm trying to figure out what to charge for a portrait photo shoot where a makeup artist, hairdresser and stylist would be involved. I tried a few places to find out about the pricing but everybody seems to keep it a secret?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks very much.
    David.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Why not ask the Makeup Artists/Hairdressers/Stylists what they are charging you then add up the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭relichd

oshead wrote: »
    Why not ask the Makeup Artists/Hairdressers/Stylists what they are charging you then add up the difference.

Thanks for your advice! :D

I posted my question here because I thought somebody would have a general idea based on their personal experience... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

The Makeup Artist/Hairdresser/Stylist could be one and the came person. At least Makeup Artist should do hair as well. Get a price off them, figure out your price then figure out what other expenses you have, ie studio hire, equipment etc... add it all up.

oshead wrote: »
    The Makeup Artist/Hairdresser/Stylist could be one and the came person. At least Makeup Artist should do hair as well. Get a price off them, figure out your price then figure out what other expenses you have, ie studio hire, equipment etc... add it all up.

True. Haven't thought of this (MUAs being able to do hair). Thanks!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Most stylists will actually cover makeup through their courses but not many hairdressers will also be mae up artists. Having said that mua may be able to do hair but it depends if your client is looking for a hairdresser.

There are a couple of ways you could approach this. You could set a price yourself and decide how much you are willing to pay the hair/mua/stylists or you could find mua/hair/stylists whose work you like and request their hourly rates and add that onto your price. I would be adding a little extra for the hassle of having to find adequate people for the job though.

Anytime I have done this tbh it has been time for images really and there are a lot of students looking for experience in photoshoots so you can also look for students but beware, the one shoot I covered with a mua and stylist student went on for about 5 hours with the photography side taking only abot 1 hour altogether and the student being slightly unprepared. Thankfully it was a shoot for fun but if it was for clients I would definitely, due to experience, look for professionals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭VisionaryP

€40 to €50 an hour for each would be pretty average.

VisionaryP wrote: »
    €40 to €50 an hour for each would be pretty average.

Yeah, I just found out. Thanks for your time! :)

Advertisement