Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Couple Of Questions About Fetac

• 01-04-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

1) Is Fetac Classed a collage course ?

2) Can I get a Student Card out of it ?

3) Is it recognized outside of Ireland ?

4) Can I get a student grant out of it ?

I would just like to know the full story about Fetac what I can claim what I can claim the ins and outs before I decide to do the course.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭looksee

FETAC is a system of grading, not in itself a college course. Level 5 is Leaving Cert or PLC level, level 10 is doctorate.

Getting a student card depends on the college you are in.

The qualification you get, certificate, primary degree, etc could be recognised, depending on who you are asking.

Student grants depend on your own circumstances and the college you are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

So I can get a student cards.

Can I claim tax back on the 400 euro price of the course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

As Looksee states check with the college, alot depends on whether you are doing a full award or just a single module re a student card and also check with the Revenue Commissioners re the tax back issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you are paying €400 it sounds as though you are doing a part course in a private college. You need to get a lot more specific information before you commit yourself, and also look at doing the course through your local VEC.

Advertisement