Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dallying with Dahlias

Options
  • 01-04-2011 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I have taken my dahlias out of winter storage, this is the first time , and i would like to know if the single tubers that have broken off from the big plants can be planted on their own? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Hope you don't mind me butting in, but I adore dahlias, especially the cream and yellow and orange colours.

Sorry I can't answer the OP's question but I've loads of them planted down either side of the patio where I kept beds for flowers. I NEVER take them in for the winter. They survived last winters awful snow, ice and frost. I lost a few things alright, but the dahlias are absolutely blooming now. Gorgeous. I didn't think they would survive, but there you go! They are in the beds about 4 or 5 years, and they keep coming back to delight me!

Just thought I'd say it, as it must be a pain lifting and storing them, when you don't really need to.

Advertisement