Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaying weak signal...

Options
  • 01-04-2011 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I have recently moved to a new apartment. I'm a masters student in NUIG and the new apartment is so close to the university that I can pick up a weak signal from the wireless. Unfortunately this isn't strong enough to connect properly. I only seem to be able to connect with a poor signal when I stand just outside the apartment.
    The connection is unsecured, however I have to log in in my browser if I want to get access to the internet.
    I was wondering, is there any way to capture the signal and boost it on to the apartment? Can I get a router and create a bridge or something? As the original router is the property of NUIG I can't really go meddling with their equipment.

Comments

Advertisement