Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diving weekend + activities inquiry

• 01-04-2011 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if somone might be able to help me out. I am looking to go diving on bank holiday May weekend. I went last year to Kilkee which was great and may go back there again. But we are looking at going somewhere else as well so could anyone please advise on somewhere that ticks the following boxes.

1. good diving, school for equipment hire and guided dives
    2. Surfing available for anyone who may not want to dive
    3. good pubs for some pints after
    4.campsites for accommodation.

Any suggestions welcome.
    Cheers,
    Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭denismc

There are 2 places i can think of,
    Castlegregory in Kerry,its a popular surfing area, it has campsites or you can camp on the dunes and there is a divecentre there.There are a handful of pubs in the area that should be busy on a bank holiday
    www.waterworld.ie
    The other place i could think of is Renvyle in Connemara, lots of empty beaches for camping, although i have never seen many surfers up there.
    www.scubadivewest.com

Denis

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭d4v1d

+1 on waterworld.

During the summer months Castlegregory is a great place to visit and has everything you are looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

+1 waterworld too

I haven't dived in Ireland much - Clare/Kerry ...both had interesting life to see - Waterworld also looks like a nice place to chill out for a few beers and a BBQ afterwards. (weather permitting)

Advertisement