Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voodoo accuracy

Options
  • 01-04-2011 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

New book released by AccurateShooter.com:
    AccurateShooter.com Releases Definitive Precision Shooting Book

voodoocover2.gif

The Editors of AccurateShooter.com and a pantheon of legendary shooters have collaborated on a new book, Voodoo Accuracy, destined to become the definitive print resource for precision shooting. This new 666-page, full-color treatise compiles the wisdom of today’s greatest Hall of Fame and National Champion shooters. With the Voodoo knowledge of the world’s ‘top guns’ in your grasp, you can and will shoot more accurately no matter what your discipline.

Why do Voodoo? Sure you can spend hours, days, months, heck even a lifetime measuring stuff with calipers and trickling individual powder kernels, but you’re not going to win the big matches without access to the closely-guarded Voodoo secrets of the world’s master marksmen. Remember, there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your reloading manuals!

For the first time ever, Voodoo Accuracy reveals the hidden shooting secrets of the greatest trigger-pullers of all time. Now you too can shoot like a legend! Voodoo Accuracy contains chapters on all major forms of competitive shooting, from 25m air rifle benchrest to ultra-long range tactical competitions. Whatever your sport — point-blank benchrest, High Power, F-class, Silhouette, Palma, Multi-Gun, Biathlon, 1000-yard Benchrest — you’ll find invaluable Voodoo insights that will transform your shooting abilities overnight. We guarantee it!

Voodoo Accuracy Chapter Highlights:

● Extreme Wind Calling — How to dope a hurricane.
    ● Barrel Break-In — Sure-fire 50-step, 1000-round method.
    ● Ogive Talkin’ — More incomprehensible Ballistology by Bryan Litz.
    ● For FTR, Size Matters — Six-foot-wide bipods by Danny Biggs.
    ● Point-Blank Pointers — Feng Shui and the placement of Wind Flags.
    ● Why Weigh Charges? — How to throw perfect charges blind-folded.
    ● Powder Blending Basics — Have a BLAST with the Mix-Master method.
    ● Hall of Fame Headgear — The effect of hats on Group Size, by Tony Boyer.
    ● Barrel Tuning — Voodoo Methods demonstrated (results guaranteed non-repeatable).
    ● Tactical Gearfinder — Be the first on your block with the latest, overpriced Tacticool accessories.
    ● Voodoo Annealing — How to anneal by instinct (worrying about time and temperature is for sissies).

Here’s a sample from our chapter on the Joys of Abrasives: “We all learned as kids that shiny is good. Well it is. And more shiny is even better. Why settle for a bore that has anything less than a mirror finish? Just do a quick high-pressure bead-blast down your bore, followed by few thousand strokes with JB, and your bore will be perfectly slick and shiny. And you won’t have to waste any more time with those annoying lands and groves that trap carbon and copper. They’re gone for good! Polish your bore to a mirror finish for the ultimate in barrel cleanliness.”

Order Your Own Copy of Voodoo Accuracy

voodoocover3.jpg

Voodoo Accuracy comes in a handsome, large-format hardback edition for $49.99. There is also a special, limited-run letterbox edition signed by Hall of Famers so legendary we can’t even mention their names here. The letterbox edition, limited to 250 copies, will cost $299.99. Think that’s too much? Well who can put a price on perfection? We guarantee that if you buy Voodoo Accuracy you’ll win early and often, feeding your self-esteem while reducing your shooting rivals to whimpering, broken shells of their former selves. Remember, as Charlie Sheen said, it’s all about “Winning”! If you want to run with the Big Dogs, and strut your stuff on top of the podium, order your copy of Voodoo Accuracy today!

:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 John 5

an what day is it today?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It's Bonsai Kitten Plush day, didn't anyone tell you?

e8d9_bonsai_kitty.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

load of bunkum...If you really want to excell in target shooting, you have to sell your soul ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

It is about time a book such as this was published. There are far too many shooters out there who spend time posting rubbish and bad advice on BBs when they would be better off reading intelligent ‘stuff’ in books!
    Danny Biggs in his Chapter on FTR comments on laminate-v-wood-v- synthetic . His piece is very well researched and I found it fascinating. Biggs depends heavily on the recent work of the German scientist, Dr. Kurt Schott, who pulls apart the current ‘vogue’ of using dark colours, especially camouflage green and black, to change stock appearance. He is particularly negative on painting the space between the butt-plate and stock black. Because dark colours absorb much more heat, large areas in dark colours can result in damage or distortion to the stock, particularly to comb height. Schott gives a very simple explanation on the coefficient of linear expansion and points out that many shooters fail to remember that synthetic stocks really are ‘just plastic’ and somewhat heat sensitive. Because these plastics are thermosetting, a dark surface heats up under bright light and then the plastic continues to cure. This often results in shrinkage that will serious distort the surface, resulting in permanent damage to barrel bedding. The most serious damage occurs with cored laminates, particularly foam. A sign of this often is apparent on some target rifles and automatic/pump shotguns – on many of these a checkerboard pattern can be seen below the painted surfaces. This is caused by a secondary cure resulting from painting a cored laminate black that leads to shrinkage and the core showing through.
    He continues in like vein, and his take on the clothing used by target shooters is particularly interesting – it would be unfair to spoil what is a great read, so I will not do so here.
    The negative for Irish readers is it is a pity that the powder mix/reloading chapters are redundant in Ireland until the new Bill is signed into law next year..
    Rs
    P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Voodoo in target shooting? Heavens forbid!
    There should be no place in shooting for such satanic and evil folk practices.
    I fear for the immortal souls of those who may be tempted, yea tempted I sayeth, to engage in such evil esoteric practices.
    Damnation will be swift and eternal for those who tread the darkened paths.

In this land of saints and scholars, surely we must adhere to our own holy and apostolic ways?
    And so, verily I say unto those who would be tempted, get thee to your local holy well and beseech our blessed mother to aid your bullet on its flight.
    Light a candle, sprinkle some water, and say a prayer.

(After all thats why they're called 'hail mary' shots! :) )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Balls to that. Praying didn't work, rabbits foot didn't work, bribing didn't work,.................

BRING ON THE VOODOO ........................ :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

dCorbus wrote: »
    Voodoo in target shooting? Heavens forbid!
    There should be no place in shooting for such satanic and evil folk practices.
    I fear for the immortal souls of those who may be tempted, yea tempted I sayeth, to engage in such evil esoteric practices.
    Damnation will be swift and eternal for those who tread the darkened paths.

In this land of saints and scholars, surely we must adhere to our own holy and apostolic ways?
    And so, verily I say unto those who would be tempted, get thee to your local holy well and beseech our blessed mother to aid your bullet on its flight.
    Light a candle, sprinkle some water, and say a prayer.

(After all thats why they're called 'hail mary' shots! :) )

amen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I sold my soul a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong Time ago!

VoodooChild.jpg

Lucifer let me down today. Removed white feathers from a Grey crow today @ 220 and was 2" low on another grey crow@340 yards.

He did sort the wind though.
    17mph and gusting and the Voodoo worked.

I had Dev110 spotting and range finding and even in that wind could still hit stones out to 350 to "verify" Zero.

I sold my soul a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong Time ago!

VoodooChild.jpg

Lucifer let me down today. Removed white feathers from a Grey crow today @ 220 and was 2" low on another grey crow@340 yards.

He did sort the wind though.
    17mph and gusting and the Voodoo worked.

I had Dev110 spotting and range finding and even in that wind could still hit stones out to 350 to "verify" Zero.

you were a half an hour late for makey up stories tac... fools day was yesterday :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

4gun wrote: »
    you were a half an hour late for makey up stories tac... fools day was yesterday :rolleyes:

Why would I make up a story where I did not get a kill at 340 or 220?

I was using 75 grains in wind TAP's and I found them very good.

My only enemy was elevation as I have not worked out there drop yet

We spent the rest of the evening calling foxes to no avail..........

• Advertisement

Why would I make up a story where I did not get a kill at 340 or 220?

I was using 75 grains in wind TAP's and I found them very good.

My only enemy was elevation as I have not worked out there drop yet

We spent the rest of the evening calling foxes to no avail..........

read your post while being slightly under the influence of a few hot toddies taken to rid my self of a sore throat .. alls it did was move the ailment to my head :o

Advertisement