Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's R.A.G.E. like?

• 01-04-2011 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

I read a bit about it and it sounds good. Do they have a good selection of D.C, GBA, GBC, PS1 games etc or are half of them old Fifa games? What's the average price of the games? Really tempted to check them out but want to know if it's worth heading down.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They're fantastic although it's mostly home console cartridge based games they have at the moment but think they said they are interested in handheld games and disc based games as well and might be getting more of them in. Currently only have a few PS1, DC and gameboy games there. NES, SNES, N64 and Megadrive selection is great though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Whats Rage like?
    It's like a little piece of heaven, a piece of heaven where you're compelled to spend at least 80% more than you expected.
    It's a place that makes you gaze at the stock and wonder where the nearest ATM is.

This little clip explains it better than I can...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I've had to limit how often I go in because I need money to eat and stuff. I think I've left the shop empty-handed once, and I wasn't happy about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They're fantastic although it's mostly home console cartridge based games they have at the moment but think they said they are interested in handheld games and disc based games as well and might be getting more of them in. Currently only have a few PS1, DC and gameboy games there. NES, SNES, N64 and Megadrive selection is great though.

Definitely will give it a try. So how much on average would a snes game cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

Azure_sky wrote: »

To add to that... a boxed NES, if anyone's seen one in there? I think I remember seeing someone saying most of the boxed consoles are 50 quid, unboxed 30?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

ghostchant wrote: »
    I've had to limit how often I go in because I need money to eat and stuff. I think I've left the shop empty-handed once, and I wasn't happy about it!

I know the feeling man.
    It's hard enough for me to get time to travel into the City Centre but I did on Wednesday however they had feck all. Then on Thursday and today they posted pictures on facebook of the cool stuff they got in their deliveries.

My wallet is all the better for this but I personally am not :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Azure_sky wrote: »

10-15 unboxed although the more sought after ones are a little more expensive.
    I know the feeling man.
    It's hard enough for me to get time to travel into the City Centre but I did on Wednesday however they had feck all. Then on Thursday and today they posted pictures on facebook of the cool stuff they got in their deliveries.

My wallet is all the better for this but I personally am not :)

Since they have gotten a lot more well known and since they started that facebook site their stock seems to go pretty fast. However just keep an eye on facebook and when a delivery comes in you can ask them if they will accept paypal for the games and hold on to them or post them to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Can someone post up the FB linky please

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Love R.A.G.E, wouldn't mind seeing them get in some gba games though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

megaten wrote: »

Great shop alright and a small selection of Gameboy & GBA games, I picked up Iridion II on GBA last time I was there and there was Super R.C ProAm for GB amongst others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

megaten wrote: »

3DGames or whatever it's called on Grafton Street had a decent amount of gba games when I was there during the week. I went home with Metroid (nes version made for gba) so I was happy.

Advertisement