Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herbal teas!

Options
  • 01-04-2011 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey everyone!

I'm 8 weeks pregnant, had a scan today and heard the heartbeat, was amazing, really strong!:D:):D:)

Anyways, i was wondering about herbal teas.

i have a pretty bad back injury at the moment (fractured spine), obviously i can't take any meds now, but i'm finding it very difficult to sleep!!

I went to the health food store near me and asked then if they could reccomend a nice herbal tea to help me relax; she said the only one really would be Chamomile; now everywhere i'm reading they say to avoid Chamomile as it stimulates your uterus and can cause miscarriage!!!

I usually drink buckets of nettle tea but apparently its the same case with this.

Can anyone tell me what teas you drink?

I'm drinking peppermint and ginger but it just aint hitting the spot at bed time!

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Congrats:D

Are you still/have you been wearing a back brace? I had the same injury a few years ago and I found yoga brilliant. Obviously couldn't do it while I was in the brace but started somatic yoga as soon as I got it off. Really helped me relax and sleeping was no problem. Also found swimming great:)

I'm not sure about herbal teas in pregnancy. I'd avoid them myself....alot of them can encourage the uterus to contract....I don't know enough about them to advise, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭billlumbergh

yeah i'm still wearing the brace, hopefully have it off at the begining of May. I cannot wait to start swimming, seriously can't wait, i feel so unhealthy at the moment! Yoga is definately on my list of things to do when i'm out of the brace too!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Best of luck with it, I know it's a pain:(

Exercise is brilliant, I have very few bad back days now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭namurt

I recently bought herbal tea for a pregnant friend from http://www.inhealth.ie. It was meant to help with nausea but they may have other ones that would help you relax.

Advertisement