Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

April Fools

• 01-04-2011 3:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone come across any decent wind ups on the wireless today?

Mooney has one going at the moment about pigeon fanciers.

Had me going briefly until he got to the bit about planning permission pigeon for a pigeon loft on Ailesbury Road. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

There was something on the Today show on BBC4 this morning. They were doing the papers and it was some story off the front page of The Sun, about somebody being done for assaulting someone else with a single marshmallow..... or something like that. The presenter was pi$$ing himself laughing while reading it! I'm guessing it was an April fool but twas very early! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

I didn't hear it but my sister heard a snippet on LMFM this morning on the Michael Reid show about everyone henceforth having to do a driving test every 5 years.

It must have been fairly convincing because it didn't dawn on her until I reminded her of the date and she's still not convinced that it was an April fool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I listened to the Mooney show today and I must say I thought the entire show was a Fool's Day windup.:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I heard this on the Mooney Show yesterday a full 30 - 45 minutes and thought this can't be a wind-up surely - they wouldn't waste licence fee payers money on a joke (then I remembered they already pay Tubriddy).

Anyway now I know it's a joke / wind-up - is this to say that the charity that was mentioned, pigeon not being vermon, and all the other information they gave about pigeons in general was all a joke too? Very confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Warning for Lapin and FlutterinBantam: Stay on topic and avoid personal abuse or risk a ban. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Bard wrote: »
    Warning for Lapin and FlutterinBantam: Stay on topic and avoid personal abuse or risk a ban. Thanks.

Christ. :rolleyes: We were only having the crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Lapin wrote: »
    Christ. :rolleyes: We were only having the crack.

That's right,there was no insult intended or none taken, by either poster:confused:

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

today show on R4 was talking about 3D radio - played a sample sound with a hiss and said if you can hear a hiss, place your hand in front of your face and move your head back and forth :)

That's right,there was no insult intended or none taken, by either poster:confused:

:eek:

Fair enough, but do please try to stay on topic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

The was one in one of the Redtops stating that Posh Beckhams imminent arrival will be christened Luna, after the nightclub in Ardee where it was conceived.

• Advertisement

Planet X wrote: »
    The was one in one of the Redtops stating that Posh Beckhams imminent arrival will be christened Luna, after the nightclub in Ardee where it was conceived.

Slightly off topic, that, seeing as this is the radio forum, but oh, if only it were true! It'd be a pity about the club's recent name change of course ;) (Imagine... "Shambles Beckham"!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Forgot to mention then that I heard it on the radio.

Advertisement