Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student cooking challenge! NOMNOMNOM

Options
  • 01-04-2011 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hey I live in student Res and they don't trust us enough to give us a cooker! I really love cooking but I'm finding it hard to get inspiration for dishes!
    We have a hob and a microwave.

I generally make homemade chili con carne with a ton of fresh veg, ravioli, pizza bagels, chicken and veg stir frys, chicken curry and smoked salmon on brown bread... But too be honest, if i see another stir fry or chili i'm going to puke!

Another constraint is the fact that i'm only cooking for 1 person AND I'm not too keen on those packets of sauce that you buy (Sweet & sour, curry etc). I was brought up on Mammy's homemade food so I dont really like the feeling and tasted of those packet things!

Any ideas for recipes would be GREATLY appreciated!!
    Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Do a search for the 'Easy Peasy Recipes' thread in this forum. Great ideas there for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

Steak/chicken/pork chops/fish pan fried with veg and potaoes.
    Baked potatoes can be done in the microwave (pierce the skin with a fork first) topped with chilli/sour cream/garlic mayo and cheese/salsa etc.

Omlette(I make them in the wok if it's just for one person)/French toast/scrambled eggs

I made this mushroom masala before and it's yum:
    http://www.indianrelish.com/mushroom/mushroom-masala.html

Or risotto mushroom/butternut squash

Pasta with pesto stired through with veggies added is easy too.
    Or pasta with a creamy sauce would make a change.

Advertisement