Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Priveleges under XP and Win 7

Options
  • 01-04-2011 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

I have a domain set up under Windows 2008. I have two pcs under this domain that are dual-booting to Windows 7 and Windows XP. I set up a user account as a member of "[domain name]/users". However I have different priveleges when I log on to XP and Windows 7 under this account.
    Eg if I log on as this user to Win 7 it lets me stop and start a service but if I try to install or uninstall a program it gives me a UAC prompt (that is the way I want it).
    if I log on as this user to Win XP I can't stop and start a service or change the system time etc.
    It was actually the same on both before and I didn't change anything. Maybe Windows updates changed something?
    Any idea why I would have different priveleges under the same user account for different OS's?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

check SID for each user/account and make sure thay are members of the "local administrator" account...
    have fun...

Advertisement