Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clock resetting every time I use the Xbox?

• 01-04-2011 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭

Just got my xbox back after repair for a red light issue (bought at xmas). But I seem to have 2 more problems now.

1. It wont hold the time or date. I have to set it every time I play and it goes back to 22 Nov 2005 every time I go back on

2. If I connect a flash drive or external hard drive it doesn't show up

With the repair and difficulty finding time I've barely played it so I dont know if the date issue was there before the repair, and as for the hard drive I assume that it should just pop up on the dasboard when connected??

I hope it's something simple I'm doing wrong and it wont involve another trip to Germany for repair. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm guess you are not connecting it to live and plugging it out when not in use and that it one of the older white models ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Have connected to live but I assume setting it on the console should be enough. I have it powered off when not in use but surely there is an internal battery?

Its the new slim model if that helps :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

When i lived out of home the guy i lived with was a "Turn everything off at the wall" madman.
    It didnt bother me much, but i noticed before wireless was installed that every time i would turn on the console after it being disconnected from the mains (either by the switch at the socket being turned off, or plugged out altogether) that the time would revert back to 2005 too.

I noticed the date stamp when playing Red dead redemption, only for that i wouldnt have cared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

gramlab wrote: »
    Have connected to live but I assume setting it on the console should be enough. I have it powered off when not in use but surely there is an internal battery?

Its the new slim model if that helps :confused:

there is no real time clock on the Xbox and no battery to support that. That means every time you disconnect it from mains you need to set up the clock or the xbox need to connect to live server in order to restore correct time and date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Cheers

I'm logging in to xbox live each time now and everything is fine as regards the clock. Seems a bit silly to me but meh.........

Still getting nothing when I connect my portable hard drive though. Should this just pop up or do I need to do something first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

What are you trying to play?
    Music? Movies? Or something else?

If it's audio or video, go into "music/video library" it should come up 'select source'. You have your xbox hard drive option, and at the bottom should be "portable drive" option too.

Advertisement