Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android Market and Facebook app not working

• 01-04-2011 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Anyone else noticed that apps aren't updating from the market and the Facebook app is giving a "connection refused" error even though my data connection is still working, for example in the browser.
    (On Meteor)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭long_b

Think it's another Meteor issue, spotty issues for me with Twitter and iTunes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 cqms13

Anyone else noticed that apps aren't updating from the market and the Facebook app is giving a "connection refused" error even though my data connection is still working, for example in the browser.
    (On Meteor)

switch to wifi - connect - then swich back to data

works when o2 data gets a bit jittery:)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 self_sentered

Thanks but no need, its working again now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

same thing was happening to me all day and yesterday but all seems to be fine now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Ye that was really weird. Had the exact same problem, The market place would launch , show a white screen and then just go back to the home screen.

The facebook app just kept coming up with a connection refused message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It has been a problem for me too today and yesterday and I'm on meteor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭jetpack101

I use the browser for Facebook,
    The Facebook app really makes the phone lag out a lot.

Try getting into the habit of turning the phone off every night and back on again.
    I used to do this with my Windows Mobile Phone all the time and it keeps problems at bay. I do it now with the Android phone and don't have meany (if any) problems.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S
    Network: Meteor

Advertisement