Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord Kicking Us Out

Options
  • 01-04-2011 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm living in rented accommodation where the rooms, rather than the house, is rented out. All three of us that live there at the moment are being asked to vacate for four days in order for insulation to be put in. I don't plan on staying around after a myriad of problems with the house and unwillingness to drop rent.

In terms of being asked to vacate for four days, can I ask for a reduction in rent in that month? It's a no-lease situation, which suits me at the moment, but I want to see what the general feeling is. I pay 350 and was going to ask for a reduction of 40 euro for the hassle of heading to my home-home for that amount of time.

What do ye all think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Hey guys,

I'm living in rented accommodation where the rooms, rather than the house, is rented out. All three of us that live there at the moment are being asked to vacate for four days in order for insulation to be put in. I don't plan on staying around after a myriad of problems with the house and unwillingness to drop rent.

In terms of being asked to vacate for four days, can I ask for a reduction in rent in that month? It's a no-lease situation, which suits me at the moment, but I want to see what the general feeling is. I pay 350 and was going to ask for a reduction of 40 euro for the hassle of heading to my home-home for that amount of time.

What do ye all think?
    If you cant stay there those nights then yes a reduction would be the norm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭djmcr

Look for the cost of a hotel for the nights that you are out. Why should it be up to your parents to provide you with the accomodation to suit the landlord

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

An apartment which a friend of mine was renting started to leak really badly and the landlord put them up in a hotel for 2 or 3 nights while the leak was being repaired.

IMO, if the landlord wants you out, then they should be willing to either put you up in a hotel for the few nights, or else give you a significant rent reduction to pay for the same.

Advertisement