Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discount Ireland

• 01-04-2011 6:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭

I think thats the name,opened in Shannon town centre .Saw it when i was out there yesturday.its where tesco was,and had some pretty good deals on some items.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

A friend of mind went there yesterday, she said that they had strict customer quotas (3 per person) in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

I assume you mean Buy Lo?? Saw their flyer, some decent bargains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

must pop in tomorrow, mother went in day it opened, said was mad busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

Sorry if I got the name of the shop wrong.whatever it is the 3 item restriction only applied to some items,but it stated that on the shelf where the item was.for example 3bottles of 2litre coke for 99cent things like that,but to be fair people were blatantly abusing the system.one woman had the trolley full with just coke.I mean be fair ,if you want to do things like that do it the smart way.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Went there on Saturday and bought 4 bottles of Coca Cola and I wasn't restricted to 3. I didn't see any quota notices up either.
    I wonder if they expected alot of people to buy the discounted items in bulk during the first couple of days and when they didn't they then dropped the quota limitation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

Well,on second thoughts after a few visits there,just to do price comparision,prior to doing my weekly shop I have found that with petrol costs Tesco in coonagh is best suited to my needs....Alot of the stuff was price hicked on querying was told it was promotional offers.....I would have driven out there if they were as good as I first thought when I was out there last week....To tell you the truth I was disapointed as I thought I was going to have a change of sceenery every week,alas i got it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

Buylo seem to be worth a visit now and again but they are no Asda.

I noticed stuff being cheaper than Dunnes or Tesco but then when you do go to Dunnes or Tesco there might be a 2 for the price of one on the item or on a similar brand.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

They didn't last very long...

Sign up yesterday that they were closed for stock taking. Trucks arrive today to empty the shop.

Another store who got a good deal on rent for the first 6 month's but were obviously not prepared to pay what is believed to be very expensive rent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

:(Ah FFS!
    I get the bag of dog food there weekly (thats all I get though).
    Now I have to go back to going to the Co-Op :(

I would go in there every Saturday morning/afternoon and I would be the only person in the store. It was so quiet the checkouts wouldnt even be manned, you would have to go and find a checkout operator sometimes.
    It crossed my mind every week that this place was not going to last, it was only a matter of time...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 thelockshop

I was in the shop last week and there was nobody around i did pic up a bargain or 2 especially for bring to lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

What kind of business does Dunnes get in Shannon?

The parking is not good for them in that you can get into Lidl much easier.

I can't imagine too many people from Ennis or Limerick travelling to skycourt for shopping.

Dunnes in caherdavin is way better and the parking is superior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

What kind of business does Dunnes get in Shannon?

The parking is not good for them in that you can get into Lidl much easier.

I can't imagine too many people from Ennis or Limerick travelling to skycourt for shopping.

Dunnes in caherdavin is way better and the parking is superior.

I'd say dunnes does alright, not fantastic, but alright. Parking is ok, though generally I park in the carpark outside by maloneys or where buylow was.

Advertisement