Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Conditions Appeals

Options
  • 01-04-2011 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

HI All:

Can anyone give some advice about the procedures with regard to appealing conditions of a planning decision and any restrictions that may apply

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,005 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This leaflet will explain it all

• Registered Users Posts: 15 arktrux

Thanks Muffler!

No problem. :)

That little publication is dated Oct. '02 and while there may have been a couple of small amendments in the interim I think the nuts and bolts of it all are covered. I haven't been involved in an appeal (thankfully) for years now so Im not completely up to date myself. The FAQ's on the Bord's web site will be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 arktrux

I was reading the FAQ's on the website, and in number 21 where talks about Conditions, is the same in time and procedures the same as an appeal for a whole application?

21. In what circumstances may the Board not consider the application de novo?
    Where an appeal relates to conditions only which are attached to a decision of a planning authority to grant permission and there is no other appeal, the Board may generally use its discretionary powers not to consider the application de novo. Instead, it may issue directions to the planning authority to amend, remove or attach new conditions to the decision. Where it decides not to use its discretionary powers, the Board may either grant or refuse permission for the development even where conditions only are appealed. However, see answer 11(c) relating to Development and Supplementary Contribution Scheme conditions and special contributions where different provisions may apply.

The procedures involved and the time constraints would be the same with every appeal. If in doubt Id suggest you engage an architect/technician/planning consultant to handle this on your behalf or at least advise you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

arktrux wrote: »
    HI All:

Can anyone give some advice about the procedures with regard to appealing conditions of a planning decision and any restrictions that may apply

Thanks.

May I ask what are the conditions? what seem difficult/troublesome on paper can often be clarified with a phone call to the planner, and from experience an internal rearrangement can often prove to be the easiest solution/compromise.

as a matter of interest what did your architect advise?

Advertisement