Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

munster match 2nd april - query

• 01-04-2011 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

have 4 tickets 3 for the west stand and 1 for the east stand only realised this now and the 4 of us are going together.

would anyone swap the east stand ticket or do you think we will all get in the west stand anyway. my first time in thomond park.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

East stand ticket will only get you into the East Stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

east stand ticket definetly wont get you into the west stand anyway! At this stage your best bet is probly stand the gate into the west stand, find someone going in on their own and ask would they mind swapping to east stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Zamp

You'll have no problem swapping an east ticket for a West. Just find someone going into the west on their own and do the swap. The east side is a better vantage point.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Zamp wrote: »
    The east side is a better vantage point.

:confused: They're two almost identical stands that run the length of each side of the pitch. How could one have a better view than the other????

OP try munsterfans.com. They usually have ticket threads for each match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Maybe he meant east side has better view of screen.
    East stand also means sun in your eyes but wont be a problem later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Zamp

I think the east is better for a number of reasons. The view of the screen is one. Also it's not broken into sections like the west. Plus the atmosphere there is better. I always enjoy match day on the 'popular' side.

Fair point on the sun but just bring shades and there's no problem. It def won't be an issue tonight.......!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,341 ✭✭✭✭phog

Zamp wrote: »
    I think the east is better for a number of reasons. The view of the screen is one. Also it's not broken into sections like the west. Plus the atmosphere there is better. I always enjoy match day on the 'popular' side.

Fair point on the sun but just bring shades and there's no problem. It def won't be an issue tonight.......!

I think you're referring to the terraces rather than the stands and yes, the East terrace is miles better than the west terrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

If the OP does manage to get a swap with someone in the West Stand is it going to be much of an advantage? Most likely the other person won't be sitting anywhere near the other 3 people in the west stand.

Its not that big of a stadium MaryK so one person having to walk around to the east stand should be no hassle. Most likely if ye are coming from town ye will have to pass the east stand first anyway so one person could break off there. The only disadvantage ye will have is that ye can't meet up at half time which shouldn't be any biggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

thanks for all the replies but the 4 of us had planned to go together that was the point of going together having a laugh. I will try to swop outside and see how I get on if not one will go to the other side. at least if they were at our side we could meet up at half time and stuff.
    thanks for all the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

op you still have that ticket??

• Advertisement

yes not going to match til about six thirty seven ish

just to let you know went to the match. when i thought about what yee said here it made sense because when i asked at the gate they said usually there would be no problem swapping tickets but they were sold out. so even if he came to the west stand he would not be able to come up to us. so he went off to his east stand which had a great seat and we stayed in the west stand and had a great laugh - what a match - thanks for everyone for all ideas and comments.

Advertisement