Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused, help!

Options
  • 01-04-2011 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Guys,
    Looking for some impartial advice, I am in the process of getting a wire free alarm fitted to my parents house, I got four quotes which are all in the same ballpark, that's fine, the problem I have is each one is very convincing that their system is the best.
    #1 company, uses HKC products and is talking about shock sensors on windows and contacts on external doors and one pir and text alert
    #2 company, uses Wisdom products and is offering the same set up as above.
    #3 company, uses Visonics products and suggests contacts on external doors, curtain pirs which are placed in the reveal and cover the whole window. My concern here would be, the intruder would have got through window before alarm would activate.
    #4 Company uses Siemens products and was similar set up to #1 and #2.
    Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I'd go with #4. This is my personal preference as I don't use #1.
    Both #2 and #3 are good but would be slightly cheaper and not as pleasing on the eye

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Jnealon wrote: »
    I'd go with #4. This is my personal preference as I don't use #1.
    Both #2 and #3 are good but would be slightly cheaper and not as pleasing on the eye

Agree 100% Siemens would be my first choice here also.
    If between 2 & 3 then my preference would be 3 over 2 and use Inertias with the contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

1 and 4 would be the better systems. I use HKC myself and it's an excellent system. I'd try push getting the openings done on the windows too as there's a danger of leaving a window open and the alarm wouldn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

1 and 4 would be the better systems. I use HKC myself and it's an excellent system. I'd try push getting the openings done on the windows too as there's a danger of leaving a window open and the alarm wouldn't know.

I would agree 100% HKC would be my first choice also if cost is not an issue. Two way wire free devices over one way is always best. Choice 2 and 3 would be the cheaper of the 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BFT1

Thanks Guys, I will have another chat with suppliers #1 and #4 and confirm exactly what's being offered. From reading this site I presume the HKC system should be the securewave, what is the comparable
    siemens model, again many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

BFT1 wrote: »
    what is the comparable
    siemens model, again many thanks

The SigNET 100S
    http://www.europlex-signet.com/controllers_100.php

From reading this site I presume the HKC system should be the securewave

I would make sure it is the Securewave over the Securewatch.
    They also have the new Quantum 70 which will be on the market soon. http://www.hkc.ie/hkc/Main/Products_Wireless.htm

KoolKid wrote: »

Can the SigNET 100S use text alert or message alert?

Can the SigNET 100S use text alert or message alert?

Yes both systems use text alerts over the pstn or GSM. The HKC can do voice or text if your provider does not support text.

There is also a version of the 100 with Web Server & IP due to be launched.
    Will be much cheaper than the 220.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    There is also a version of the 100 with Web Server & IP due to be launched.
    Will be much cheaper than the 220.

When is it being launched ?

Like everything else we seen in City West, after IFSEC:D:rolleyes:

That's great thanks again lads, if I have any more questions I know where to get the answers.

No bother. Drop by any time.;)

Advertisement