Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Late? :/

• 01-04-2011 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hello :)

So theres around 10 weeks left, an having promised myself I would start studying after making out a lovely study plan.. it still hasn't started like I planned it would.

The orals are coming up in the next 2 weeks, I'm moderately prepared for them, an should have them sorted by this weekend.

With little study I ended up with 390 in the mocks. I need 500-510 in the real thing. I'm doing all honours, with the intention of just passing Honours French.

My question is, is it too late to hit 500/510?? :/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Holly91

biggaman wrote: »
    Hello :)

So theres around 10 weeks left, an having promised myself I would start studying after making out a lovely study plan.. it still hasn't started like I planned it would.

The orals are coming up in the next 2 weeks, I'm moderately prepared for them, an should have them sorted by this weekend.

With little study I ended up with 390 in the mocks. I need 500-510 in the real thing. I'm doing all honours, with the intention of just passing Honours French.

My question is, is it too late to hit 500/510?? :/

well you obviously believe and know that you can do it if your aiming for over 500...and tbh it is doable if u work really hard i say...especially if you are naturally brainy:)
    if you work it out if u get a b1 in all your subjects,seeing your doing all honours,thats a total of 515 points i think anyways :)
    all i have to say is just really put your head down and work really hard especially during easter hols :) but just think about how disappointed you would be not to get the points you want? and possible having to repeat...it would be horrible!!
    its what i hope will work for me....as i need an extra 120/150 points compared to mocks......

your orals arnt for another two weeks?:eek: is that not really late??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭biggaman

Holly91 wrote: »
    well you obviously believe and know that you can do it if your aiming for over 500...and tbh it is doable if u work really hard i say...especially if you are naturally brainy:)
    if you work it out if u get a b1 in all your subjects,seeing your doing all honours,thats a total of 515 points i think anyways :)
    all i have to say is just really put your head down and work really hard especially during easter hols :) but just think about how disappointed you would be not to get the points you want? and possible having to repeat...it would be horrible!!
    its what i hope will work for me....as i need an extra 120/150 points compared to mocks......

your orals arnt for another two weeks?:eek: is that not really late??:confused:

Oh no like my irish is next wednesday and french is the following week, but I've enough time to sort out my irish I think. And I'm not too bothered with french but i'l put in a good effort anyways for it! :)
    well english is my weakest of all 6 subjects I'm counting, so only really aiming for a B3 in that, the rest I think I'm well able to get B1/2s in, an hopefully I can hit an A in biology/economics if I work at em.. I know what ye mean, whatever happens I won't repeat anyways, just couldnt do it!! :L I think I have the brains, just hope I haven't left it too late thats all.. the thoughts of not getting what I want on the day of the results will give me motivation hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭Holly91

biggaman wrote: »
    Oh no like my irish is next wednesday and french is the following week, but I've enough time to sort out my irish I think. And I'm not too bothered with french but i'l put in a good effort anyways for it! :)
    well english is my weakest of all 6 subjects I'm counting, so only really aiming for a B3 in that, the rest I think I'm well able to get B1/2s in, an hopefully I can hit an A in biology/economics if I work at em.. I know what ye mean, whatever happens I won't repeat anyways, just couldnt do it!! :L I think I have the brains, just hope I haven't left it too late thats all.. the thoughts of not getting what I want on the day of the results will give me motivation hopefully!

i cant believe you can stick with honours irish:eek: haha
    but best of luck with your orals :)
    im the opp french tuesday and irish next week!!
    a b3 is what your aiming for in your weakest good god :P
    if you work really hard you will do grand and get the points you want hopefully :)
    english and french are my wrst subjects just hoping to scrape my honour in both of them! im unreal bad at french but my teacher told me that my oral will bring me up atleast another grade and that she thinks with a tiny bit of work i can do better then just my honour....shes an unreal teacher though :D
    ino i think it would kill me to have to repeat aswel:p

well just work really hard next few weeks and you bound to do way better then you did in your mocks :rolleyes:

best of luck with all the studying though :) doing pass papers is the way to getting better grades so i hear :P

Advertisement