Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tunisia???

Options
  • 01-04-2011 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Is it safe to holiday in Tunisia as my daughter is going there in a few weeks and im really worried for her.,

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Moved from Celebs & Showbiz :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,956 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Hi there.

I have a friend who visits Tunisia a couple of times a year. Says the holiday resorts are all fine at the moment. But a lot of the hotels have closed down due to lack of business.

Check Department of Foreign Affairs website. If there is any trouble anywhere on the planet, they will put up travel advice, i.e. whether or not it is safe to visit that country.

So I think it will be fine.

However..... I would say your daughter (unless accompanied by partner/husband) will be more in danger from the Tunisian men. They are notorious for manipulating European female tourists. They fall in love in a day, and then manipulate the ladies for money, mobile phones, visas etc. They can be persistent. They are called "love rats". They are not dangerous, but are scam artists, and some vulnerable ladies fall for their charm. I'm not saying your daughter will, but she should be aware.

http://www.tunisianloverats.com/forum.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jobab

thank you very much for your advice, i will go to that website and check it out :)

Advertisement