Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bacon Joint in Slow Cooker

Options
  • 01-04-2011 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Tomorow will be my first time to use a slow cooker and want to cook a back bacon joint in it. 700g

Should I add any water or not.
    How long should I give it and at what setting, high or low.

(its a 200w cooker)

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

A cup of water is all you need, and if you have maple syrup pour some over it , Yuummm.
    I do this regularly and it's really good done in the slow cooker:cool:.
    It takes a long time, you would want to put in on very early or overnight which is what I did last time

Good Luck

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

after reading this I tried it with a bacon joint I had. I put it in the slow cooker last night with some brown sugar, wholegrain mustard and some honey and a cup of water. put it on low and left it overnight, it ended up being on for about 11 hours or so. I popped it in the oven then at 200 for about 15 mins just to crisp the outside.
    OMG it was so good, it literally pulled apart, tastiest I've had in a long time and no hassle. will definately do this again.:D

Advertisement