Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bose Quiet Comfort 3 a surprise Aprils fool Day joke!

Options
  • 01-04-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

I ordered a QC 3 online at Bose.ie this morning as I found out that it was sold for 40 euro plus 15 euro shipping. Around 3pm a customer representative rang me to inform that it was an error regarding the price that they posted online and that they just can't let go with the headphones with a 40 euro price. Well ,they emailed me the receipt amounting to about 55 euro ( credit card) and now they're saying that they just can honor my order? What a joke! Are they violating my rights as a customer?I complained to their customer care leader about this but they are sticking with their guns not to honor the receipt and instead ask me to buy it in it's original price worth approximately 400 euros. I wouldn't buy a Bose again! Ever!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if they had taken money from your credit card you might have a case.
    otherwise you haven't a leg to stand on, any company with 2 brain cells to share has this covered in it's Ts & Cs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I ordered a QC 3 online at Bose.ie this morning as I found out that it was sold for 40 euro plus 15 euro shipping. Around 3pm a customer representative rang me to inform that it was an error regarding the price that they posted online and that they just can't let go with the headphones with a 40 euro price. Well ,they emailed me the receipt amounting to about 55 euro ( credit card) and now they're saying that they just can honor my order? What a joke! Are they violating my rights as a customer?I complained to their customer care leader about this but they are sticking with their guns not to honor the receipt and instead ask me to buy it in it's original price worth approximately 400 euros. I wouldn't buy a Bose again! Ever!

They posted an incorrect price, you jumped on it, but now they say it was a mistake and won't honour it. Is this correct?

Get your refund and move on. It's not worth getting all stampy footed over, read up in bargain alerts on here, it happens a lot, they are under no obligation to honour pricing mistakes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The price they offer is not binding.

It is purely an "invitation to treat".

You looking to buy at that price is the offer. And they then have the choice of accepting it or not.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

I'd imagine their terms and conditions would cover them. This is from our own site:
    All orders placed through our website will be subject to our accepting the order. When you submit an order to us on our website you will receive a 'bounce back' email of this order saying that your order is pending. You should check this email for accuracy and let us know immediately if there are any errors. This email does not constitute acceptance of the order by us. Your order will be accepted by us (and a contract will then be formed between us) when we dispatch the goods to you.

Most retailers will have similar protection built in to cover the scenario of a wrong price being entered on the site or other technical issues.

All that said I couldn't find anything similar on their site. :confused:

Advertisement