Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lenses for architecture

• 01-04-2011 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭

what type of lense would work best for taking pictures of buildings from outside and inside.

Thanks in advance.;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Tilt and shift lenses are designed for architectural photography.

What camera are you using?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

A tilt-shift lens would be idea, but they're pricey.
    http://www.the-digital-picture.com/reviews/Canon-TS-E-24mm-f-3.5-L-II-Tilt-Shift-Lens-Review.aspx

Fisheye and wideangles have undesirable distortion effects for serious architecture photography but they can be used to your advantage too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

shamrock55 wrote: »
    what type of lense would work best for taking pictures of buildings from outside and inside.

Thanks in advance.;)

Is this part of the fictional shoot that you were writing the brief for last night?

If so, then go with Paul's suggestion, if your actually shhoting then something wide like the Sigma 10-20 or Canon 10-22mm will work if your using a cropped sensor...although you will have to fix the distortion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Eirebear wrote: »
    Is this part of the fictional shoot that you were writing the brief for last night?

If so, then go with Paul's suggestion, if your actually shhoting then something wide like the Sigma 10-20 or Canon 10-22mm will work if your using a cropped sensor...although you will have to fix the distortion.

It is yea,when writing the brief i can pretend i have all the gear in the world and im gonna be taking some pics of a stately home in my fictional shoot so i need to write about all the types of gear i'll be useing to shoot this building:D

It is yea,when writing the brief i can pretend i have all the gear in the world and im gonna be taking some pics of a stately home in my fictional shoot so i need to write about all the types of gear i'll be useing to shoot this building:D

Just a wee heads up BTW.

This forum is excellent, and the folks generally very helpful to people getting to grips with photography.
    However, the people running your course wont be happy if you cite your sources as being Paulw, 5uspect and Eirebear!

Get some research done on the types of TS lenses available and their specific uses.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Eirebear wrote: »
    Just a wee heads up BTW.

This forum is excellent, and the folks generally very helpful to people getting to grips with photography.
    However, the people running your course wont be happy if you cite your sources as being Paulw, 5uspect and Eirebear!

Get some research done on the types of TS lenses available and their specific uses.

;)

Excuse me, I'll have you know I'm a well published academic and my utterances are well worth citation. :D

dont worry i wont name any names:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

dont worry i wont name any names:D

You should!!! You're supposed to cite your sources in your article.

Then again, you probably should be doing your own research rather than asking us. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I think what's being said is that people here don't mind pointing you in the right direction but can't write the assignment for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

i recently picked up an old manual focus nikon 20mm f3.5 ai lens for cheap - It is nice and wide on an FX camera. Reasonably sharp wide open - and very little barrel distortion. Great for architecture outside and inside (with a tripod).

the nikon 20mm f4 (manual focus as well) isn't to shabby either

• Advertisement

CabanSail wrote: »
    I think what's being said is that people here don't mind pointing you in the right direction but can't write the assignment for you.

jesus all i asked was what was the best type of lense to use for architecture,i dont remember asking anyone to write anything for me:mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i have to do up a small 8000 word essay on juxtification as means of changing context of images... can you guys divvy the workload up between yourselves and have it back to me friday week?

i have to do up a small 8000 word essay on juxafication as means of changing context of images... can you guys divvy the workload up between yourselves and have it back to me friday week?

Yes, but you'll have to stop making up words first! ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jaybeeveedub

if it's a fictional list of gear I'd be going for a hasseblad h4d-60....

hcd 4/28 for wide angle and a

hcd 2.8/80 standard

and a 150 or 210 for detail shots...

and a diamond the size of my fist to pay for it....

Advertisement