Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Sky 1 or Sky Atlantic

• 01-04-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having this problem?

I had a sky engineer at the house this week who told me there was some interference that prevented these channels coming through, its been ongoing for the last 3 months.

Sky of course didn't mention this to me and told me I needed to upgrade to HD and this would fix my signal problem. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

udgrade to hd thats bull****..thats typical sky 4 u...i think ur dish just needs to be re alligned.works fine in clarecastle..did u check ur neighbours by chance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think you might get some better answers off the nice folks in the Satellite forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Is there a dect phone near the box? It can cause problems with some satellite channels.If so,move the phone away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I checked with my cousin who lives in the Tulla Road and he has not issues with either of the channels you mentioned. He used to have problems with Channel 4 but it was down to an alignment problem and when the disc was aligned all was well again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭32_4_1

ye im having the same problem. its says no signal is being received and turn the box off for 5 minutes and try again. tried it, and the signal still wont come up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Nibs05

I also had this problem a few months ago, I couldn't get sky 1,2 or 3. I decided to get Hd installed and I told the installer my problem. He replaced the LNB and hey Presto I got the channels back it also improved my reception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

HD had nothing to do with it - you were had.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Nibs05

rlogue wrote: »
    HD had nothing to do with it - you were had.

I got HD myself sky didn't mention that it could be a problem, just got the job done at the same time ( properly cheaper aswell)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

32_4_1 wrote: »
    ye im having the same problem. its says no signal is being received and turn the box off for 5 minutes and try again. tried it, and the signal still wont come up

That's the one. The local Sky guy told me it was something to do with some mast recently installed on the Tulla Road yet Sky themselves won’t mention this. As one poster said above someone was had with the HD thing, they tried that on me but I got an honest engineer who told me straight.

Is there any recourse we can take? I’m paying for 4 channels that I cannot receive? Sky 1, Sky 2, Sky Arts 2 & Sky Atlantic. The engineer said it specifically effected these 4 channels. Unless enough of us ring sky to complain I don’t think they’ll do anything about it.

Clareman wrote: »
    I think you might get some better answers off the nice folks in the Satellite forum

Its specific to Clare and the Tulla Road in particular. There's no issue with the Sateliite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

did you ever get sorted?? I am in Ennis, sorted a problem like this for a friend.

gb--

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    did you ever get sorted?? I am in Ennis, sorted a problem like this for a friend.

gb--

what did you do?

golfball37 wrote: »
    That's the one. The local Sky guy told me it was something to do with some mast recently installed on the Tulla Road yet Sky themselves won’t mention this. As one poster said above someone was had with the HD thing, they tried that on me but I got an honest engineer who told me straight.

Is there any recourse we can take? I’m paying for 4 channels that I cannot receive? Sky 1, Sky 2, Sky Arts 2 & Sky Atlantic. The engineer said it specifically effected these 4 channels. Unless enough of us ring sky to complain I don’t think they’ll do anything about it.

im gonna ring them tomorrow. i kept meaning to do it and never got around to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

I got them the best quality sky cable and had the sky guy re-run the cable down the roof and into the sitting room. The initial cabling was done into the loft and then joined to cheap coax cable, run down cavity,then at the tv end the guy used a coax to f connector adapter to connect to sky box. It was awful. The new connection was direct from dish ie no joins.

The best cable is wf100, do a google and don't take alternative. However, there is no guarantee it will kill the mast if that is causing the problem but worth a try.

There was a lot of problems with mobile phones in germany and caused a bit of hassle.

read this link for a few more solutions.

//www.sam-radford.me.uk/interfere.htm

good luck

gb--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

This is not just a problem around Tulla road or Ennis, I'm 6/7 miles west of Ennis with no Wimax etc. in the area I had a new HD box installed yesterday and Sky 1 and Sky Atlantic keep showing no signal being received. Had a look around the net and lots of the same issue in the UK. I'm going to call back the installer in the morning. The installer was very helpful and left his mobile number for me to call him back.
    Very annoying at just the first day :mad:

Just a passenger

I had these channels for the past 3 weks but they went again on Friday. I am completely sick of it at this stage.

I was following that Game of Thrones on Mondays and no I'm going to miss the 4th episode.:mad:

32_4_1- Did you ring them and what did they say?

Advertisement