Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

will new sky card work in old sky box?

• 01-04-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

I've an old sky box that i got off a mate and am using as a freeview box at the mo. Ordered new sky+ installation and received the new sky viewing card in the post. Can i put the new card in the old box or does it have to be activated by the installer coming next week in the new sky+ box?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

If you activate the card in an old box then the installer,company you used to order sky will not get paid, so dont do it ....you will get a new box and 12 month warranty with new installation so hang in a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

didn't activate the card after what you said but am supposed to be having the install tomorrow and still haven’t heard from the engineer...
    I need to arrange with the boss to work from home for a bit tomorrow for this so mr.engineer should at least have the decency to give a bit of notice. The sky helpline says they will ring before 9am on the day of the install. thats a bit ****e tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Scruff wrote: »
    didn't activate the card after what you said but am supposed to be having the install tomorrow and still haven’t heard from the engineer...
    I need to arrange with the boss to work from home for a bit tomorrow for this so mr.engineer should at least have the decency to give a bit of notice. The sky helpline says they will ring before 9am on the day of the install. thats a bit ****e tbh.

Did you order direct from Sky? If so it will most likely be a Sierra installer,give them a shout.
    If it was an independent seller/installer you should have been given a contact number for somebody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

He did eventually ring. at 22:45 last night...
    No he was with Finlays or a crowd contracted to them, but said that he could be with\contracted to sierra shortly as Finlays lost the sky contract.

anywho job done now.

Advertisement