Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this?

• 01-04-2011 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Was doing a bit of spring cleaning and found this ... thing in my gadget drawer (along with my Palm Pilot and my 2MP Canon Powershot, both sadly dead). I have no clue what it is, and just know that if I chuck it, I'll find I need it next week.

The pictures are crap, but it's about 2-3 inches long, almost rectangular with a sloped top. There's a tiny screw at the side and the words 'release' and 'lock' are beside it. There's what looks like 2 tiny contact points either side of the screw. Inside, there's 1 AA battery branded Panasonic, but I don't know if that came with it. I don't think I own anything Panasonic anyway.

What is it?

thing1.jpg
    thing2.jpg
    thing3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

bedlam wrote: »
    Looks like a battery pack for a Minidisc player.

You could well be right, bedlam. I did own an MD player about 10 years ago, and the pic here does look the same. Cheers! Battery salvaged and casing in the bin.

Advertisement