Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volume dropping with new mixer...

• 01-04-2011 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hey lads and ladies...back again looking for some advice...(what's new)

So I currently work a night in a disco bar, they have a four channel numark mixer under the table for the jukebox, there own cd changer and then my phono connection goes through channel 2.
    I used to work off a DJM 400 till last weekend when I got a DJM 600, I always brought a phono cable from the Master out of my 400 to channel 2 and from their mixer it went to the amps.
    But last week I by-passed their mixer and went from the Master out of my 600 to their amps...using the phono cable that was already there.
    I noticed a serious drop in the sound being thrown out of the speakers,
    is it because I by passed their mixer?
    Is it because of a reduced sound quality in my 600?
    or should I go back to the reliable 400?

I've seen a 600 used in the local club without any issues...I know I bought it second hand, but it has been cased for its life of 3 years and only used in a bedroom environment!

Any help before I down grade to the 400 again!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I presume it has something to do with the gain. You current set up is:

CDJ > DJM600 > Amp > Speakers?

And before:

CDJ > DJM400 > On Site Mixer > Amp > Speakers?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The house mixer must have been maxed out in the red.

Just because it's lower in volume doesn't mean it sounds worse.

Give it a little more volume on your djm to adjust to the drop in volume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭thenashlegend

ironclaw wrote: »
    I presume it has something to do with the gain. You current set up is:

CDJ > DJM600 > Amp > Speakers?

And before:

CDJ > DJM400 > On Site Mixer > Amp > Speakers?

Yeah thats exactly it!

Having used it last Saturday too, I realise whats going on.
    The CDJ's are on channel 1 and 2, but going on the lit EQ displays Channel 1 has to be up in the red to achieve the same volume as channel 2.

I know thats badly explained...but Channel 1 seems to be lower than channel 2? I mean the volume in number one has to be cranked way up to achieve the same sound as number 2 when its only sitting half way compared to 1.

Say I have the Ch 2 volume knob at 11 o clock....channel 1 needs to be way past that to achieve the same volume on various tracks, not just one.

Is it a service issue? Something that can be sorted easily enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gorilla_ie

theres a little screw at the back of the djm 600 which controls the output of each channel, you can adjust it to raise or lower the db level.

give that a try

gorilla_ie wrote: »
    theres a little screw at the back of the djm 600 which controls the output of each channel, you can adjust it to raise or lower the db level.

Thanks, thats for the Master only though.
    I set up everything this morning, setting all the knobs and faders at the samw level.
    Long story short looking at the Master dB levels...

Channel 1 hits between 2 and 4
    While the rest of them reach between 7 and 10.

I used the same CD in each channel and played it through the same piece each time.
    The problem being now, why is the output volume of Channel 1 lower than the other 3?? :confused:

• Advertisement

gorilla_ie wrote: »

I set up everything this morning, setting all the knobs and faders at the samw level.

I used the same CD in each channel and played it through the same piece each time.
    The problem being now, why is the output volume of Channel 1 lower than the other 3?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

The simple lazy answer is that it's probably set that way.

Note: line level and CD level aren't necessarily the same thing. Could also have a damaged fader, a faulty input gain board/pot etc etc etc.

Use the same deck on both channels. See if you get the same level for the same fader / gain settings. If you do, then its a problem with the mixer.

ironclaw wrote: »
    Use the same deck on both channels. See if you get the same level for the same fader / gain settings. If you do, then its a problem with the mixer.
    Yeah I've done that, channel one is coming in around 6dB below the other channels.
    It must be a mixer problem, any idea where I could get it checked out?

Yeah I've done that, channel one is coming in around 6dB below the other channels.
    It must be a mixer problem, any idea where I could get it checked out?

Aquarius in Kildare would be my bet. Any Pioneer stockest really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gorilla_ie

just looked again at the back of mine .. theres a volume control screw for channels 1 and 2 .. check it out .. thats most likely your problem

Advertisement