Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing fishermen

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Fair play to Carrolls Pier house, that was really decent of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Fair play to Carrolls.

I see that the Coffee morning has raised a whopping €16,250 towards the fund for fuel.

Source: http://www.facebook.com/Skerries#!/Skerries/posts/10150149042165770

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I know Hill Billy has already posted this in the events thread, but it's worth reminding everyone here about tonight's "Walk of Solidarity" starting at the Bandstand, Red Island to walk a 5km lap of Skerries:
    • Tonight Wednesday 6th April at 7pm
    • Funds are badly needed at this time
    • Bring €10 or whatever you can afford
    • Tell your friends
    It's also possible to make donations directly (details taken from Skerries Community Association website):

Make a donation to the fund for fuel for the volunteers. The account is at Bank of Ireland Skerries, the name is Lady Linda, the sort code is 90 08 93, the number is 818 38 744.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Beasty wrote: »
    I know Hill Billy has already posted this in the events thread, but it's worth reminding everyone here about tonight's "Walk of Solidarity" starting at the Bandstand, Red Island to walk a 5km lap of Skerries:
    • Tonight Wednesday 6th April at 7pm
    • Funds are badly needed at this time
    • Bring €10 or whatever you can afford
    • Tell your friends
    It's also possible to make donations directly (details taken from Skerries Community Association website):

Make a donation to the fund for fuel for the volunteers. The account is at Bank of Ireland Skerries, the name is Lady Linda, the sort code is 90 08 93, the number is 818 38 744.

the walk of solidarity is to show support and thanks to the RNLI and other searchers and any money raised will go to the RNLI Skerries Lifeboat for general funds (not fuel specifically).

The Lady Linda fund is the fuel fund and is a seperate thing. If you want to support the RNLI, donate at the walk or via the mycharity webpage that has been set up. If you want to donate to the fuel fund, then you can do so by lodging money to the bank. Money given at the walk is not for the fuel fund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Its amazing the number of times Alan farrell has tweeted in the last few days, but hasn't found time to mention this?

This guy has no idea what is going on his constiuency. Yet he has tweeted dozens of times about cricket. Shocking, just shockling. Who voted for this guy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've noticed that too. Same goes for our other elected representatives' twitter feeds. That's not to say that they haven't assisted in any way - I have no idea one way or the other.

However, let's remember that the thread is about Ronan & David being missing & the efforts to find them. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Some great fundraising activities in Skerries and Rush, and elsewhere I'd say.

I believe there were buckets in St Maurs GAA in Rush yesterday and they were doing very well (not sure if it was the fuel fund or the RNLI fund).

That was fantastic by those involved to raise that €16k from the coffee morning.

Do we know where any excess money in the fuel fund will go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Hopefully to the families

Hopefully to the familes or the RNLI.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I was at a meeting last night when the SCA was represented - they said the amount of fuel being used was phenomenal, but anything left over would probably be split in some way between the families and RNLI.

I guess no decision has been taken on precisely how it may be split at this stage given the operation is still ongoing

• Advertisement

Due to the large crowds expected this evening, the starting point of the 'Walk of Solidarity' will now be at the MARTELLO TOWER, Red Island. See you there at 7pm sharp. Please spread the word

Source: http://www.facebook.com/Skerries

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

sharkman wrote: »
    I can organise secure parking in Loughshinney if you need it PM me .

Sorry ment to be a PM. Thanks for the offer sharkman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

There is a bucket collection in Friends of Autism and ADHD shop.One of the volunteers arranged it.If your not able to make the bank, or are just passing feel free to drop a few bob into the bucket.
    Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Collectios at all St. Maurs training sessions and games this week. Hope to have something on Saturday.

Anyone is suffering from a loss of hope or faith at this time would have it restored quite quckly reading through this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

There were huge crowds at the walk this evening. Really great support from all the local towns also.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bmurphy8177

The residents committee of Golden Ridge in Rush were holding an EGM tonight and as part of the proceedings took up a collection for the fund and raised €160 which will be lodged to the fund tomorrow.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the missing men and also with everyone assisiting in the search.

Pics of the Walk for Solidarity are on Balbriggan.info.

Look like an incredible turnout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Rush N.S non uni form day raised over €4,200. Well done to all.

Great photos from last night. Fantastic spirit from all N.C.D communities and further afield also.

That is fantastic. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Announcement from Skerries News on behalf of SKERRIES CHAMBER OF COMMERCE regarding amounts contributed fb.me/vPQI6YVT

On behalf of the Skerries Chamber of Commerce, we would like to thank everyone who supported and attended the Coffee Day and Solidarity Walk.
    The figures collected are as follows.
    €6,000 in fuel; €17,690 from the coffee day; €56,755 from the walk. The total contributed between the two days is therefore €80,445.
    Well done to all those who have given support from the entire North County. We should be proud of the way our people have rallied in such an extraordinary and inspiring way.
    The search continues at this time. Let's find and bring these young men home to their families.
    Sincerely,
    Martin Scully and Ollie Grimes
    The families of Ronan and David would also at this time like to express their sincere thanks for the warmth, strength and support offered from everyone concerned as the search effort continues.
    Like · Comment · Share

Amazing. Proud to come from a place with such great people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That really is amazing.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Well done DUBLIN COUNTY NORTH your amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

In answer to the previous post, this was yesterday's update from the RNLI -
    The coastal searches were carried out this morning from Greenore to Rush and will continue again this evening. The Garda Water Unit and the Naval Service Diving Unit are continuing their diving operations around St Patrick's Island and Colt Island. The sea search is being coordinated by the LE Emer. They have been joined by the civil defence, the RNLI boat and ribs from the LE Emer. There will be a lot more boats out at the weekend as it will have been 10 days and it will be a more likely time to find them as this is the time they are likely to surface, after 10 to 12 days. A lot depends on the water conditions and there are a number of different factors to take into account. Source: Dave McMyler RNLI

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150162276597376

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

more from FB

Aslan supported by Nuisance and Dj afterwards
    15 April at 20:00 at St Maurs Gaa, Rush, Co.dublin
    Fundraiser for the families of David Gilsenan and Ronan Browne. Please show support for the families. Tickets are 20 euro and on sale in rush in walshes bar and the post office/birds of paradise

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Two bodies were recovered at approx 02.00 hours by a fishing vessel approximately 6 miles off Clogherhead. The crew of the Clogherhead lifeboat and members of the navel vessel LE Ciara assisted the fishing vessel crew members in the recovery. The bodies were taken to Port Oreal where they were assisted by members of the Clogherhead Coast Guard unit. The bodies were handed over to Garda Siochana at approx 0300 hours.

On behalf of the Minister of Agriculture and Marine I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to members of the Browne and Gilsenan families. Source: David McMyler RNLI Operations Officer

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Very sad but maybe some relief to families and friends. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Very sad, but a small comfort to the familys that they are back home.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

God rest them.

Big Thanks to all who helped out , the boys were picked up by the aptly named fishing vessel "guiding light"

• Advertisement

'The Guiding Light' Prayer Service will be held at 8:30 this evening by Fr Richard at the bandstand at the harbour for Ronan, David & their families.

Advertisement